The Muppet Show 2 facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsThe Muppet Show 2
|Soundtrack album by|
|Producer||Jim Henson and Peter Harris|
|The Muppets chronology|
The Muppet Show 2 is the second soundtrack album released from the TV show of the same name. It follows the same format of sketches and songs as the first album, but also includes guest-star appearances by Bernadette Peters and Peter Sellers.
- "The Muppet Show Theme"
- "Baby Face"
- "There's a New Sound"
- "A Monologue by Fozzie Bear"
- "Cuanto Le Gusta"
- "Time in a Bottle"
- "An Editorial by Sam the Eagle"
- "At the Dance"
- "Just One Person" (with Bernadette Peters)
- "Happy Feet"
- "Pigs in Space"
- "I'm Five"
- "Sea Chantey"
- "New York State of Mind"
- "The Pig Calypso"
- "A Gypsy's Violin" (with Peter Sellers)
- "Wishing Song"
- "Animal Sings Gershwin"
- "For What It's Worth"
- "We Got Us"
- "Closing Theme"
- The album also ends with Kermit locking up the theater after everyone is assumingly out, and he and Miss Piggy leave for dinner. After about 30 seconds, it is revealed that Fozzie Bear was forgotten about and is left locked in the theater with the lights out. He then starts plaintively repeating "Help". On the original vinyl recording, the side ended in a locked groove loop, so his 'Help' would repeat indefinitely.
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Link Hogthrob and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Animal and Sam the Eagle
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd, Robin and Dr. Strangepork
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler and Janice
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo and Zoot
- Louise Gold as Zelda and Others
Charts and certifications
|UK Albums Chart||16|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||60,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
The Muppet Show 2 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.