1229 facts for kids
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1190s 1200s 1210s – 1220s – 1230s 1240s 1250s|
|Years:||1226 1227 1228 – 1229 – 1230 1231 1232|
- February 18 – The Sixth Crusade: Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor signs a ten-year truce with al-Kamil, regaining Jerusalem, Nazareth, and Bethlehem with neither military engagements nor support from the papacy.
- March 18 – Sixth Crusade of Emperor Frederick II ends in truce with Sultan al-Kamil and coronation of Frederick as King of Jerusalem.
- Catalans capture island of Majorca from Muslims.
- University of Paris strike of 1229.
- Foundation of the University of Toulouse in Toulouse, France.
- Founding of the city of Turku, Finland.
- January 17 – Albert of Buxhoeveden, German soldier
- Yaqut al-Hamawi, Arab biographer and geographer (born 1179)
Images for kids
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:1229 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.