1230 facts for kids
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1200s 1210s 1220s – 1230s – 1240s 1250s 1260s|
|Years:||1227 1228 1229 – 1230 – 1231 1232 1233|
- Sundiata starts to rule in Mali (approximate date).
- In the West African village of Siby, Sundiata Keita, founder of the Mali Empire, forces the Malinkés to bind themselves to each other by oath.
- March 9 – Bulgarian tsar Ivan Asen II defeats Theodore of Epirus near the village of Klokotnitsa.
- Iberian Peninsula: Alphonso IX defeats Ibn Hud al-Yamani (known as almogàver by the Christians) at the battle of Alange. This success opens the road to Badajoz to the Leonese troops. The Portuguese king Sancho II continues his offensive southward and takes Beja, Juromenha, Serpa and Moura.
- September 24 – The Kingdoms of León and Galicia unite with the Kingdoms of Castile and Toledo under Ferdinand III.
- The Teutonic Knights are invited into Prussia to forcibly convert the Prussians and Yatvags to Christianity.
- The Carmina Burana poetry and song collection is created (approximate date).
- May 2 – William de Braose (hanged)
- July 28 – Duke Leopold VI of Austria (b. 1176)
- September 23 – Alfonso IX of Leon (b. 1171)
- October 25 – Gilbert de Clare, 5th Earl of Hertford, English soldier (b. 1180)
- December 15 – Otakar I of Bohemia
- December 23 – Berengaria of Navarre, queen of Richard I of England
- Xia Gui, Chinese painter (b. c. 1180) (approximate date).
Images for kids
In Spanish: 1230 para niños
1230 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.