1550 facts for kids
|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1520s 1530s 1540s – 1550s – 1560s 1570s 1580s|
|Years:||1547 1548 1549 – 1550 – 1551 1552 1553|
- January 6 – Spanish Captain Hernando de Santana founds the city of Valledupar in what is now Colombian territory.
- February 7 – Julius III becomes Pope.
- The first book in Slovenian, Abecedarium, written by Protestant reformer Primoz Trubar, is printed in Tübingen, Germany.
- Nostradamus' first almanac is written.
- Helsinki, the capital of Finland, is founded by Gustav Vasa.
Images for kids
March 12: Battle of Penco
1550 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.