165 facts for kids
|Centuries:||1st century – 2nd century – 3rd century|
|Decades:||130s 140s 150s – 160s – 170s 180s 190s|
|Years:||162 163 164 – 165 – 166 167 168|
- Avidius Cassius is successful against Parthia. They take Artaxata, Seleucia on the Tigris, and Ctesiphon. The Parthians ask for peace.
- A pandemic known as the Antonine Plague breaks out in Rome.
- Dura-Europos is taken by the Romans.
- The Romans make a garrison at Doura Europos on the Euphrates.
- Avidius Cassius takes Nisibis. He conquers the north of Mesopotamia.
- Marcus Aurelius creates four legal districts in Italy.
- The philosopher Justin of Nablus is executed in Rome as a Christian.
- Discourse to the Greek (Oratio ad Graecos), by the Syrian Tatian, is the first treatise on the evils of paganism in Christian literature.
165 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.