1724 facts for kids
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1690s 1700s 1710s – 1720s – 1730s 1740s 1750s|
|Years:||1721 1722 1723 – 1724 – 1725 1726 1727|
- January 14 – King Philip V of Spain leaves the throne for his 16-year-old son Louis I.
- January 28 – Saint Petersburg State University is established.
- February 8 – Catherine I of Russia is officially named czarina by her husband, Peter the Great.
- May 29 – Pope Benedict XIII succeeds Pope Innocent XIII as the 245th pope.
- June 23 – Treaty of Constantinople is signed
- for more information, see Category:1724 births.
- for more information, see Category:1724 deaths.
Images for kids
Blenheim Palace is completed.
1724 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.