547 facts for kids
|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||510s 520s 530s – 540s – 550s 560s 570s|
|Years:||544 545 546 – 547 – 548 549 550|
- Battle of Marta - Tripolitanian Moors under Carcasan defeat Byzantines under John Troglita
- Ida founds the kingdom of Bernicia at Bamburgh (traditional date).
- Theodebald becomes king of Austrasia (or 548).
- Emperor Justinian and His Attendants, mosaic on north wall of the apse, Basilica of San Vitale, Ravenna, Italy, is made (approximate date).
- Empress Theodora and Her Attendants, mosaic on south wall of the apse, Basilica of San Vitale, Ravenna, Italy, is made (approximate date).
- The Basilica of San Vitale, Ravenna is dedicated by Archbishop of Ravenna Maximianus of Ravenna.
- Pei Ju
- Empress Zhu Manyue
- Theodebert I, king of Austrasia (or 548)
- Tribonian, Byzantine lawyer and writer of the Codex Justinianus.
- Maelgwn Gwynedd, king of Gwynedd (approximate date)
- Gao Huan
Images for kids
In Spanish: 547 para niños
547 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.