Anna facts for kids
The name Anna is a female given name with multiple variants. In Hebrew, it means "favor" or "grace". The variant Anne was originally French, although it has been in use in English for hundreds of years. The variant spelling Ann was originally English. There are countless famous people, queens and saints under this name and its variants. The Spanish variant Ana has been used for Atlantic tropical cyclones. There are also many composite variants of Anna, including Annabelle (which is French) and Annabella (which is Italian).
People named Anna
- Anna Soliman swan Daraw Egypt born 2006
- Saint Anne, known by tradition as the mother of the Virgin Mary
- Anna of Russia (1693–1740), Empress of Russia from 1730 to 1740
- Anna, Estonia, a village in Paide Parish, Järva County, Estonia
- Anna Regina, the capital of the Pomeroon-Supenaam Region of Guyana
- Anna, Latvia, a village in the Alūksne District, Latvia
- Anna Valley, a village in Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Anna, Kentucky, United States
- Anna, Illinois, United States
- Anna, Ohio, United States
- Anna, Texas, United States
- Lake Anna, a freshwater lake in central Virginia, United States
Anna Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.