Calvin Klein facts for kids
Calvin Klein Inc. is an American fashion house founded by the fashion designer Calvin Klein. The company is headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City and is currently owned by PVH (company) Luis Hau.
The early years
In 1968, Klein founded Calvin Klein Limited, a coat shop in the York Hotel in New York City, with $10,000. The first Calvin Klein collection was a line of "youthful, understated coats and dresses" featured at the New York City store, Bonwit Teller.
Products and marketing
Product & brand history
The most visible brand names in the Calvin Klein portfolio include:
- Calvin Klein Collection (black label, upscale top-end designer line)
- Calvin Klein (white label, basic fashion better sportswear line)
- Calvin Klein Sport (sports version of the white label line for Macy's)
- Calvin Klein Jeans (denimwear line; licensed to Warnaco Group through at least 2044. PVH acquired Warnaco Group in Feb 2013)
- Calvin Klein Home (high end bedding, towel, bath rug and accessory collections)
- The Khaki Collection (youthful medium to high end bedding, towel, bath rug and accessories) discontinued in 2008
- Calvin Klein Golf (launched in late 2007)
- CK one Lifestyle brand (fragrance, underwear, jeans -launched 2011)
- Calvin Klein Watches + Jewelry (watches launched in 1997, jewelry in 2004)
Calvin Klein has various lines of perfumes and colognes, including Obsession and Eternity.
Like other fashion brands, Calvin Klein established a monogram: the "cK" emblem.
Calvin Klein Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.