- This page was last modified on 13 August 2022, at 07:05.
Fast & Furious Spy Racers facts for kids
|Fast & Furious Spy Racers|
|Theme music composer||
|Ending theme||"Chasing Legacy" performed by Shaylin Becton and Tha Vil|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||24 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||23–24 minutes|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080p|
|Original release||December 26, 2019– present|
Fast & Furious Spy Racers is an American animated streaming television series that premiered on Netflix on December 26, 2019, based on the Fast & Furious film series by Gary Scott Thompson. The series is executive produced by Tim Hedrick, Bret Haaland, Vin Diesel, Neal Moritz, and Chris Morgan. Hedrick and Haaland also serve as the show's showrunners.
The second season, titled Fast & Furious Spy Racers: Rio, was released on October 9, 2020. The third season, titled Fast & Furious Spy Racers: Sahara, was released on December 26, 2020. A fourth season, titled Fast & Furious Spy Racers: Mexico, is scheduled for an April 16, 2021 release.
Tony Toretto, Dominic Toretto's cousin, is recruited by a government agency together with his friends to infiltrate an elite racing league serving as a front for a crime organization called SH1FT3R that is bent on world domination.
In Season 2, the gang goes to Brazil on an undercover mission to find Layla Gray and prevent potential world domination at the hands of a long-thought deceased daughter of a well-known gang in Rio de Janeiro.
In Season 3, Tony and his crew make a dangerous journey to the Sahara Desert when Ms. Nowhere mysteriously disappears on a mission there, all agents uncovering a plot by a maniacal villain using remote-control weather satellites.
In Season 4, Ms. Nowhere and Tony's crew are framed for a crime they had no involvement in prior, and flee to Mexico to both find the real culprit, clear their names, and flee the unstoppable super-agent hunting them down.
- Tyler Posey as Tony Toretto, the younger cousin of Dominic Toretto. He aspires to be a legend like his cousin.
- Charlet Chung as Margaret "Echo" Pearl, Tony's friend, described as a wildly talented artist and natural spy. She has green hair and ensures that their rides look great, She doesn't like being called by her real name. Echo was inducted into a spy training course by Ms. Nowhere in Season 3, but ultimately finds she'd rather go with following her heart instead of orders.
- Jorge Diaz as Cisco Renaldo, Tony's friend who is also a mechanic, described as the muscle and the sweetheart of the crew. He enjoys food and drink; in one episode, he made sure to install cup holders everywhere in his vehicle.
- Camille Ramsey as Layla Gray, a notable underground racer who worked for SH1FT3R and is Shashi's right-hand woman until she reformed. She prefers to be a lone wolf, and her voice has a Southern twang. Layla was recruited by Ms. Nowhere in Season 2 and has become one of the crew's most reliable allies. She is currently a member of Tony's crew as of Season 3
- Luke Youngblood as Frostee Benson, Tony's friend, a 13-year old tech genius. He enjoys devising gadgets, flying drones, and hacking into systems. His favorite drink is Yoka and is the only member of the group without his own car. Frostee is Youngblood's first voice role.
- Renée Elise Goldsberry as Ms. Nowhere, the team's secret agent liaison. She tries to keep Tony and his crew in check and on mission.
- Manish Dayal as Shashi Dhar (season 1), the leader of the SH1FT3R group. The Spy Racers are assigned to stop him after he is suspected to have stolen "keys" from the world's billionaires. Shashi was arrested after Season 1.
- Avrielle Corti as Rafaela Moreno (season 2–present), the daughter of a well known crime lord who despises her current dwelling in Rio and has a mind for world domination with a mind control formula. She was taken into custody after her plans were foiled in the Season 2 finale. After Cleve Kelso broke her out of imprisonment in the beginning of Season 3, Rafaela is currently at large as of the third-season finale.
Recurring and guest stars
- Jimmy Tatro as Mitch, a local rival street racer, described as a bit of a knucklehead.
- Tru Valentino as Gary, Ms. Nowhere's assistant; and Scadan, a SH1FT3R racer
- Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto, Tony's famous cousin who recommends Tony and the gang to Ms. Nowhere. He is too visibly famous to be doing the missions himself. He makes brief appearances in the series. Vin's daughter, Similce Diesel, also voices as Sissy Benson, Frostee's sister.
- Dave Thomas as Cleve Kelso (season 1, season 3), a corrupt billionaire responsible for the death of Shashi's parents. Kelso returned in Season 3 as the overarching main villain, and as of the third-season finale, his fate is unknown.
- Lanny Joon as Matsuo Mori (season 3), a man working with Cleve and Rafaela. Matsuo has a robotic arm that is linked to his nervous system, which guided his actions towards Cleve's vision. His arm is removed by Echo during the season 3 finale and he reverted to normal. He joins the Spy Racers in taking down Cleve, and his fate afterwards is unknown.
|1||–||8||December 26, 2019|
|2||Rio||8||October 9, 2020|
|3||Sahara||8||December 26, 2020|
Season 1 (2019)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||1||"Born a Toretto"||Bret Haaland||Tim Hedrick||December 26, 2019|
|Tony Toretto races against and loses to local racer Mitch. Tony and his crew meet cousin Dom when the latter is kidnapped into a van. They evade the motorcycle pursuers and find the van where it is revealed that Dom was recommending Tony and the gang to Ms. Nowhere as a team of new secret agents that are planning to infiltrate an organization called SH1FT3R that is using street racing as a front for its criminal operations. In order to join SH1FT3R, Tony must win a secret race hosted by renowned racer Layla Gray. Tony and the gang hack the database and borrow Mitch's car to get into the race.|
|2||2||"Enter SH1FT3R"||Micah Gunnell||Josh Hamilton||December 26, 2019|
|Tony holds his own in the underground race, surviving attacks from Layla Gray and the other racers as well as utilizing various weapons installed in Mitch's car. Tony ties the race with Layla, which prompts her to have Tony and his crew tossed out, but Shashi Dhar, SH1FT3R's leader, decides to invites them to his after party. As Tony successfully fools Shashi as for his reasons to join SH1FT3R and tells him about a bit about his crew, Shashi offers Tony and his crew a One-time offer; Stop a rival crew led by Scadan from transporting a trailer of Yoka Spirit Water from Canada to Mexico and they can join. Despite some complications, Tony and the gang pull off the job and join SH1FT3R.|
|3||3||"Ghost Town Grand Prix"||James Yang||Mitch Iverson||December 26, 2019|
|Tony joins a race against Shashi, Layla, and the other SH1FT3R racers in a ghost town course through some mining tunnels. Although Tony could easily try to win the race, he is prompted by his crew to follow Shashi and Layla who are going after a different prize.|
|4||4||"The Owl Job"||Leo Riley||May Chan||December 26, 2019|
|Shashi puts Tony and Layla together on a mission to steal some codes from Sudarikov, a Russian businessman and high-end arms dealer. The rest of Tony's team break into Shashi's manor in order to find the keys.|
|5||5||"The Celestial Vault"||Micah Gunnell||Tim Hedrick||December 26, 2019|
|Shashi uses Sudarikov's codes to unlock access to a privately-owned mountain which he and the SH1FT3Rs race up. However, during the race, Shashi reveals that Tony and his crew are traitors working for the feds, and offers a bounty to the SH1FT3Rs to knock them off the course. At the top of the mountain, Shashi retrieves a satellite which holds an exotic car which is one of the keys. He captures Frostee and escapes with him and the car.|
|6||6||"The Final Key"||James Yang||Josh Hamilton||December 26, 2019|
|With the overall mission being a failure, Ms. Nowhere starts packing up all the crew's things. Layla arrives and warns them that Shashi plans to collect all the key cars to enable a Skeleton Key that would allow him to hack into any electronics within range, giving him limitless power. Ms. Nowhere arrests Layla, and plans to destroy the fifth and final car which is housed at a military base. Tony offers to get Shashi the fifth car in exchange for Frostee, and they break into the military base.|
|7||7||"Ignition"||Leo Riley||Mitch Iverson||December 26, 2019|
|Tony, Layla and the gang are in a spy plane with the fifth car. They evade Ms. Nowhere's pursuit, after which General Dudley arrests Ms. Nowhere and takes over operations. Tony exchanges the fifth car for Frostee. Shashi uses the cars to unlock an area that contains the Skeleton Key which is in the form of a visor mask. General Dudley and his troops arrive but Shashi uses the Skeleton Key to control the drones and vehicles to defeat them. Shashi and his crew then head to Las Vegas in order to kill the billionaire Cleve Kelso who murdered his parents.|
|8||8||"The Key to the Strip"||Micah Gunnell||Tim Hedrick||December 26, 2019|
|Shashi uses the Skeleton Key to invade Las Vegas Strip, hack into the Western Grid, and to get revenge on Cleve Kelso. Tony and the gang rush to Vegas to try to stop him.|
Season 2: Rio (2020)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|9||1||"Escape from L.A."||James Yang||Josh Hamilton||October 9, 2020|
|Tony and the gang are now full-fledged Spy Racers and help Ms. Nowhere capture the last of Shashi's old SH1FT3R crew, break up a massive smuggling ring and catch a criminal who had stolen a hard drive of sensitive information. Ms. Nowhere doesn't want the gang to on an international mission because she had lost one of her operatives there. However, after discovering that one of his tattos is a formula, Gary accidentally lets the criminal escape, so the gang capture him again. Ms. Nowhere eventually allows them to go on the mission to Rio after learning that the agent she lost was their old friend Layla Gray.|
|10||2||"That Sinking Feeling"||Leo Riley||Ashley Soto Paniagua||October 9, 2020|
|After shaking off the Brazilian police, the gang find themselves in the jungle, but their vehicles get stuck in quicksand. Tony tries to take charge of the situation and not call for Ms. Nowhere's help, but this upsets Echo, who lets him figure it out on his own. Frostee and Cisco go after a monkey who has stolen the backpack of spy gear. Tony eventually apologizes to Echo and the gang regroups to pull out the vehicles and shake the police again, and eventually arrive at the outskirts of Rio.|
|11||3||"Bem-vindo ao Rio"||Micah Gunnell||Valeska Rodriguez||October 9, 2020|
|The gang enjoy settling in the culture of Rio. Tony shows off his tattoo that has the formula in order to attract the gangsters. Soon they are escorted through the Favelas to the mansion home of the 'late' Saint Rafaela Moreno where they find Layla. Even though Tony is convinced that she hasn't flipped, Layla takes the formula then has the gangsters attack the team which forces them to go into hiding. Meanwhile, Ms. Nowhere hunts down another criminal trying to impersonate a prince.|
|12||4||"Combustion"||James Yang||Emma Dudley||October 9, 2020|
|With the Moreno family gang and Layla still hunting them, Tony and Echo take cover in a safehouse while Cisco and Frostee lay low at a locals home. Ms Nowhere shows up and takes command having Echo track Layla to a warehouse outside of town where the gangsters start mass producing the formula and Cisco learning what he can from the locals around town. Meanwhile, Frostee finds an instability in the formula which makes it extremely volatile and explosive. Can Tony and Echo save a persistent and ignorant Layla before a tanker trucks worth of the formula takes out half of the Favelas and her with it?|
|13||5||"Driving Blind"||George Gipson||Mitch Iverson||October 9, 2020|
|With Layla free from the Formulas influence, which just so happens to be Mind Control, Tony and his crew decide to test the formulas potential on themselves. Meanwhile, Layla goes back undercover to expose the true ringleader of the gang; Saint Rafaela Moreno who apparently faked her death in a race 1 year ago. But Layla ends up exposing herself and the team when she wins a race through the Favelas against a Mind Controlled mystery driver who is revealed to be Ms. Nowhere! which results in Tony and his crew being captured.|
|14||6||"An Echo of Nowhere"||Micah Gunnell||Tim Hedrick||October 9, 2020|
|Tony, his crew and Gary are locked up in the formula warehouse by Rafaela and Nowhere. In exchange for the safety of his family, Frostee agrees to Stabilise the formula, giving Echo a chance to escape and bust them out with the Hauler, which she recently learned can reconfigure its tires to drive through quicksand. Nowhere hunts for her in the jungle and Echo must resort to quick thinking and primitive tactics to defeat her. Tony and Cisco give Layla a glimpse into how they met Echo and Layla helps reassure Tony to have more trust in his family.|
|15||7||"The Patroness"||James Yang||Josh Hamilton||October 9, 2020|
|With Ms Nowhere freed from the formula, Echo heads back to the warehouse with the Hauler to save the rest of the gang. But with Frostee having stabilised the formula and with Tony and Layla under her thumb, Rafaela goes into the race hoping to wipe out the other crime family racers, then release the formula putting everyone under her control. Echo, Nowhere and the others head to the race in the Hauler to try and stop her as Tony and Layla reveal to her that Frostee created an antidote that kept them from being controlled. But their efforts to stop Rafaela fail when she releases the Formula over the crowd and orders them to kill Tony and the gang.|
|16||8||"Tchau, Uggos"||George Gipson||Tim Hedrick||October 9, 2020|
|Rafaela controls the city and Tony's gang are trapped in the Hauler trying to come up with a plan. Rafaela goes off to rob the other crime families while Tony, Layla, Echo and Cisco sneak out and work on catching up to her. Meanwhile, Frostee works on figuring out a way to reverse the formulas effect on the people of Rio. Tony and Layla pursue Rafaela and INTERPOL Agent Medina aboard Ms Nowhere's Spy plane and learn that she did all of this to release her mother, the Scientist who created the Mind-Control Formula, from prison. Tony uses a tiny Pico Camera to record the confession, then Frostee uses the recording to release Tony and Layla from their restraints, capture Rafaela and free the city. The city people and Tony's team celebrate with a massive dance party.|
Season 3: Sahara (2020)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|17||1||"The Giant Haboob"||Micah Gunnell||Tim Hedrick
|December 26, 2020|
|18||2||"The Dead End"||James Yang||Josh Hamilton||December 26, 2020|
|19||3||"The Empty Well"||George Gipson||Emma Dudley||December 26, 2020|
|20||4||"The Hunt"||Micah Gunnell||Mitch Iverson||December 26, 2020|
|21||5||"The Bedouin Shield"||James Yang||Tim Hedrick||December 26, 2020|
|22||6||"The Eye of the Sahara"||George Gipson||Josh Hamilton||December 26, 2020|
|23||7||"RoboCleve"||Micah Gunnell||Emma Dudley||December 26, 2020|
|24||8||"Sirocco Fire Explosion"||James Yang||Tim Hedrick||December 26, 2020|