Gustave Flaubert facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
12 December 1821|
|Died||8 May 1880
|Literary movement||Realism, Romanticism|
Gustave Flaubert ( in French) (12 December 1821 – 8 May 1880) was a French writer. He is known especially for his first published novel, Madame Bovary (1857). He was very devoted to what he did, and always looked for the word that would best fit the context. He died of a cerebral hemorrhage.
- Rêve d'enfer, 1837
- Memoirs of a Madman (1838; Mémoires d’un fou)
- November (1842)
- Madame Bovary (1857)
- Salammbô (1862)
- Sentimental Education (1869; L'Éducation sentimentale)
- Le Candidat (vaudeville), 1874
- The Temptation of Saint Anthony (1874; La Tentation de saint Antoine)
- Three Tales (1877; Trois contes). "A Simple Heart", "Saint Julian" and "Herodias"
- Le Château des cœurs (play), 1880
- Bouvard et Pécuchet (1881)
- Dictionary of Received Ideas (1911; Dictionnaire des idées reçues)
- Souvenirs, notes et pensées intimes (1838–1841), 1965
- Album, annoté par Jean Bruneau et Jean A. Ducourneau, 1972
- Bibliomanie et autres textes 1836–1839, 1982
Images for kids
Gustave Flaubert Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.