Hackney Downs railway station facts for kids
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||4|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
Hackney Downs railway station is in the London Borough of Hackney in east London. The station is served by Abellio Greater Anglia and London Overground, on the West Anglia route, and it is in Travelcard Zone 2.
The station is a short walk from Hackney Central, on the North London Line. Until Hackney Central's closure in 1944, a passenger connection linked the two stations. However, when Hackney Central reopened in 1985, the footway did not reopen, and passengers transferring between the two stations are obliged to leave the station and transfer at street level. The station was originally opened as Downs Junction Station.
The typical off-peak service from the station is:
- 10tph (trains per hour) to London Liverpool Street
2 operated by Abellio Greater Anglia 8 operated by London Overground
- 4tph to Chingford (London Overground)
- 2tph to Cheshunt via Seven Sisters (London Overground)
- 2tph to Enfield Town via Seven Sisters (London Overground)
- 2tph to Hertford East via Tottenham Hale (Abellio Greater Anglia)
Images for kids
Hackney Downs railway station Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.