Herne Hill railway station facts for kids
|Local authority||London Borough of Lambeth|
|Number of platforms||4|
|Fare zone||2 and 3|
|Lists of stations|
Transport for London has thought of making the Victoria line go to Herne Hill to give faster turnaround at the southern end of the line. The extension is not a high thing for TfL as it has a weaker business case than other projects.
- Two trains per hour (tph) to Luton around Elephant & Castle
- 2 tph to St Albans around Elephant & Castle
- 4 tph to London Victoria around Brixton
- 4 tph to Orpington around Beckenham Junction
- 2 tph to Sutton around Wimbledon
- 2 tph to Sutton around Mitcham Eastfields
On Sunday, northbound Sutton Loop trains change between stopping at Blackfriars and Luton. Late-night Sutton loop services (21:57 onwards) run to Bedford from Monday-Saturday and finish at Blackfriars on Sunday.
First Capital Connect and Southeastern jointly have extra peak trains from Herne Hill to Beford (morning and evening peaks), Beckenham Junction Kent House, Rochester and Swanley (evening peak only).
Images for kids
Herne Hill railway station Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.