List of Digimon Adventure characters facts for kids
Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02, Digimon Adventure tri. and Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, anime series and films produced by Toei Animation for the Digimon franchise, are centered on the DigiDestined (選ばれし子供達 Erabareshi Kodomotachi), a group of children chosen to protect the Digital World. Each child is partnered with a Digimon and use a Digivice to help them Digivolve into stronger forms.
The main DigiDestined cast was designed by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru. Producer Satoru Nishizono and the staff used a name analysis software to decide on the characters' names, using kanji combinations that related to "luck." For Digimon Adventure tri., director Keitaro Motonaga found that some parts of developing the characters were "difficult to control" due to the characters' "strong personalities", but the staff had "rebuilt" the characters by taking account of their personal growth while retaining their original personalities. A new group of DigiDestined, in addition to T.K. and Kari, were made into the new main cast for Digimon Adventure 02, consisting of Davis, Yolei, Cody, and later Ken.
- Main characters
- Adventure protagonists
- Adventure 02 protagonists
- Adventure tri. protagonists
- Minor protagonists
- Other characters
Tai Kamiya and Agumon
- Voiced by: Toshiko Fujita (Adventure, 02), Natsuki Hanae (tri., DA:LEK),Yūko Sanpei (Adventure:) (Japanese); Joshua Seth, Jason Spisak (Revenge of Diaboromon) (English)
- Tai is the leader of the DigiDestined and the star player on the school's soccer team. His aggressive and impulsive personality often puts him in danger, but he learns that empathy and compassion are the keys to being a successful leader. He is partnered with Agumon and holds the Crest of Courage (勇気の紋章 Yūki no monshō).
- Tai passing on leadership to Davis during the events of Digimon Adventure 02 while attending middle school. During the events of Digimon Adventure Tri, Tai bonds with Daigo Nishijima and is inspired by the man to seek out a career in diplomacy. The Digimon Adventure 02 series epilogue depicts Tai and Agumon become diplomats for their respective worlds, with Tai having a son who is partnered to a Koromon.
- Voiced by: Chika Sakamoto (Japanese); Michael Lindsay/Tom Fahn (Agumon), MJ Lallo/Philece Sampler/Brianne Siddall (Koromon), Doug Erholtz (Koromon, SkullGreymon), Michael Lindsay/Kyle Hebert (Greymon), Joseph Pilato/Kyle Hebert (MetalGreymon), Lex Lang/Kyle Hebert (WarGreymon), Peggy O'Neal (Botamon - Adventure Movie), Michael Sorich (Agumon - Adventure Movie), Bob Papenbrook (Greymon - Adventure Movie) (English)
- Agumon is Tai's partner Digimon. He is simple-minded, but he always believes Tai has the best interests for the team and trusts him as a friend. His other forms are Botamon (ボタモン) (Baby), Koromon (コロモン) (In-training), Greymon (グレイモン Gureimon) (Champion), MetalGreymon (メタルグレイモン Metarugureimon) (Ultimate), and WarGreymon (ウォーグレイモン Wōgureimon) (Mega). He can also DNA Digivolve into Omnimon (オメガモン Omegamon) with MetalGarurumon. Agumon also has access to an alternate Mega form called Agumon (Bond of Bravery) (アグモン -勇気の絆- Agumon -Yuki no Kizuna-), a Digivolution forged by the bond between Agumon and Tai.
- Aside from normal Digivolutions, Agumon also has corrupted Digivolutions, such as SkullGreymon (スカルグレイモン Sukarugureimon) and MetalGreymon (Virus) (メタルグレイモン (ウィルス種） Metarugureimon (Wirusu Shu)) during his captivity with the Digimon Emperor.
Matt Ishida and Gabumon
- Voiced by: Yūto Kazama (Adventure, 02), Yoshimasa Hosoya (tri., DA:LEK),Daisuke Namikawa (Adventure:) (Japanese); Michael Reisz (Adventure, 02), Vic Mignogna (tri.), Nicolas Roye (DA:LEK) (English)
- Matt is T.K.'s older brother. He lives in Odaiba with his father after his parents divorced three years prior. He takes caution in the Digital World, especially when it comes to T.K.'s safety, and often clashes with Tai, due to the latter's recklessness. He is partnered with Gabumon and holds the Crest of Friendship (友情の紋章 Yūjō no monshō).
- In Digimon Adventure 02, Matt forms a band with his classmates called the Teen-age Wolves and provides lead vocals and bass. In Digimon Adventure tri., he becomes the vocalist and bassist of Knife of Day after the Teen-age Wolves disbands. In the series' epilogue, Matt and Gabumon become astronauts. Matt marries Sora and they have two children; a daughter with a Yokomon and a son with a Tsunomon.
- Voiced by: Mayumi Yamaguchi (Japanese); Kirk Thornton (English)
- Gabumon is a reptile Digimon wearing a wolf pelt and Matt's partner. He has the ability to digivolve into wolf-type forms with ice-based attacks. He is shy and very loyal to Matt. While Gabumon reasons with him whenever he falls too far, he still supports and trusts Matt with any decision he makes. His other forms are Punimon (プニモン) (Baby), Tsunomon (ツノモン) (In-training), Garurumon (ガルルモン) (Champion), WereGarurumon (ワーガルルモン Wāgarurumon) (Ultimate), and MetalGarurumon (メタルガルルモン Metarugarurumon) (Mega). He can also DNA Digivolve with WarGreymon into Omnimon. Gabumon also has access to an alternate Mega form called Gabumon (Bond of Friendship) (ガブモン -友情の絆- Gabumon -Yujo no Kizuna-), a Digivolution forged by the bond between Gabumon and Matt.
Sora Takenouchi and Biyomon
- Voiced by: Yūko Mizutani (Adventure, 02), Suzuko Mimori (tri., DA:LEK),Ryoko Shiraishi (Adventure:) (Japanese); Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Wendee Lee ("Invasion of the Daemon Corps") (English)
- Sora is Tai's best friend and was on the soccer team with him. Despite being tomboyish, Sora takes caution in the Digital World and serves as the mother figure of the DigiDestined, often acting as a mediator between Tai and Matt. She is partnered with Biyomon and holds the Crest of Love (愛情の紋章 Aijō no monshō).
- In Digimon Adventure 02, Sora takes up tennis and flower arranging, learning both from her mother. In the series' epilogue, Sora and Biyomon become fashion designers. Sora has married Matt and they have two children; a daughter with a Yokomon and a son with a Tsunomon.
- Voiced by: Atori Shigematsu (Japanese); Tifanie Christun (TV), Cherami Leigh (tri., DA:LEK), Melodee Spevack (Birdramon, Garudamon) (English)
- Biyomon is Sora's partner Digimon. She has the ability to digivolve into bird-type forms with flame-based attacks. She is expressive about her feelings and is affectionate towards Sora. She helps Sora open up to her mother and mends their relationship. Her other forms are Nyokimon (ニョキモン) (Baby), Birdramon (バードラモン Bādoramon) (Champion), Garudamon (ガルダモン) (Ultimate), and Phoenixmon (ホウオウモン Hōōmon) (Mega). In Digimon All-Star Rumble, Biyomon is able to become Examon (エグザモン).
Izzy Izumi and Tentomon
- Voiced by: Umi Tenjin (Adventure, 02), Takahiro Sakurai (02 adult), Mutsumi Tamura (tri., DA:LEK),Yumiko Kobayashi (Adventure:) (Japanese); Mona Marshall (English)
- Izzy is a computer expert and enjoys researching the Internet. His intellectual curiosity is strong, but sometimes, he becomes too absorbed to focus on his surroundings. He politely defers to the rest of the DigiDestined. He is partnered with Tentomon and holds the Crest of Knowledge (知識の紋章 Chishiki no monshō). When he initially found out that he was adopted, he began to subconsciously distance himself from his parents, focusing more on his computer instead. However, they later come to accept each other as family.
- In Digimon Adventure 02, Izzy continues to aid the new generation of DigiDestined by using his computer expertise to monitor the Digital World and alert them about any problems. In Digimon Adventure tri., Izzy works at a new company in the IT business with the base office of operations, creating a program for their partners to travel back and forth between every monitor and the outside world. In the series' epilogue, Izzy researches gateways to the Real and Digital Worlds with Sora's father and Joe's brother, Shu. He has a daughter with a Motimon.
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese); Jeff Nimoy, R. Martin Klein (in "Invasion of the Daemon Corps," "BlackWarGreymon's Destiny," "A Million Points of Light"), Joshua Seth ("And so it begins," Motimon, Pabumon) (English)
- Tentomon is a ladybug-like insect Digimon and Izzy's partner. He speaks in a Kansai dialect. He has the ability to digivolve into insect-type forms with electric-based attacks. He is highly intelligent, curious, and polite. Although he admires and is fascinated by Izzy's curiosity, he cannot understand it and is baffled by Izzy preferring his laptop over socializing with his friends. Tentomon occasionally becomes annoyed when Izzy becomes sidetracked by his curiosity. In Digimon All-Star Rumble, Tentomon is able to become TyrantKabuterimon (タイラントカブテリモン)
|Pabumon (バブモン Babumon, Bubbmon)||Baby|
|Motimon (モチモン Mochimon)||In-Training||Bubble Blow|
|Kabuterimon (カブテリモン)||Champion||Electro Shocker|
|MegaKabuterimon (アトラーカブテリモン Atorākabuterimon, AtlurKabuterimon)
(with the Crest of Knowledge)
|HerculesKabuterimon (ヘラクルカブテリモン Herakurukabuterimon, HerakleKabuterimon)
(with the Crest of Knowledge)
|Mega||Mega Electro Shocker|
Mimi Tachikawa and Palmon
- Voiced by: Ai Maeda (Adventure, 02), Hitomi Yoshida (tri., DA:LEK),Marika Kouno (Adventure:) (Japanese); Philece Sampler, Kate Higgins (DA:LEK) (English)
- Mimi is a beautiful girl in Izzy's class who has lived a sheltered life under wealthy parents. She tends to push responsibility onto others when things are difficult for her, but people can't help but be charmed by her straightforward personality. She is partnered with Palmon and holds the Crest of Sincerity (純真の紋章 Junshin no monshō).
- In Digimon Adventure 02, Mimi moves to New York City, but she manages to make her way to the Digital World on occasion. In Digimon Adventure tri., Mimi moves back to Japan and enrolls in Tai's high school.
- In the series' epilogue, Mimi and Palmon have become celebrity chefs and have a cooking show. She has a son with a Tanemon as his partner Digimon.
- In a series of online polls conducted on the Digimon website, Mimi was ranked 6th by Japanese voters as Favorite DigiDestined. When the same question was asked three more times, her rank rose to 3rd, fell to 9th, and failed to chart on the final poll. Mimi is ranked first as the DigiDestined whom voters related to the most.
- Voiced by: Kinoko Yamada (Japanese); Anna Garduno, Mari Devon (Togemon), Dorothy Elias-Fahn (Lillymon, Rosemon) (English)
|Palmon (パルモン)||Rookie||Poison Ivy|
|Togemon (トゲモン)||Champion||Needle Spray|
|Lillymon (リリモン Lilimon)||Ultimate||Flower Cannon|
|Rosemon (ロゼモン)||Mega||Thorn Whipping|
Joe Kido and Gomamon
- Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi (Adventure, 02), Junya Ikeda (tri., DA:LEK),Takeshi Kusao (Adventure:) (Japanese); Michael Lindsay (Adventure, 02), Robbie Daymond (tri., DA:LEK) (English)
- Joe is an honor student and comes from a family of high-ranked professionals. He spends time studying to enter a high-ranked university and become a physician. Because he is the oldest, he feels responsible for their safety, but his indecisiveness means the group looks to others when making choices. He is partnered with Gomamon and holds the Crest of Reliability (誠実の紋章 Seijitsu no monshō).
- In Digimon Adventure 02, Joe is still studying to be a doctor and passes his responsibilities to Cody Hida. In the series' epilogue, Joe has become the Digital World's first doctor. He has a son with a Bukamon.
- In Digimon Adventure tri., Joe is reluctant to rejoin the DigiDestined, prioritizing his studies over fighting, but eventually finds the resolve to continue fighting.
- Voiced by: Junko Takeuchi (Japanese); R. Martin Klein, Michael Sorich (Zudomon, Vikemon) (English)
- Gomamon is a seal-like Digimon and Joe's partner. He has the ability to digivolve into seal-type forms with water-based attacks. Gomamon has a laid-back and easygoing personality, where he often attempts to convince Joe to overcome his fears and socialize instead of studying. In Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer and Digimon All-Star Rumble, Gomamon is able to become Plesiomon (プレシオモン), whilst All-Star Rumble also has him able to become Aegisdramon (イージスドラモン).
|Pichimon (ピチモン, Pitchmon)||Baby|
|Bukamon (プカモン Pukamon)||In-Training||Bubble Blow|
|Ikkakumon (イッカクモン)||Champion||Harpoon Torpedo|
(with the Crest of Reliability)
|Vikemon (ヴァイクモン Vaikumon)
(with the Crest of Reliability)
T.K. Takaishi and Patamon
- Voiced by: Hiroko Konishi (Adventure), Megumi Han (Adventure PSP, Adventure:), Taisuke Yamamoto (02), Hiroaki Hirata (02 adult), Junya Enoki (tri., DA:LEK) (Japanese); Wendee Lee (Adventure), Doug Erholtz (02), Johnny Yong Bosch (tri., DA:LEK) (English)
- T.K. is Matt's younger brother who is gentle and obedient. Unlike the others, he lives in Setagaya with his mother due to their parents' divorce, and despite this, T.K. avoids talking about it. T.K. idolizes Matt and wants to impress him, but he opens up to the other DigiDestined and follows their lead without complaints, particularly Tai. He is partnered with Patamon and holds the Crest of Hope (希望の紋章 Kibō no monshō).
- In Digimon Adventure 02, T.K. and his mother move to Odaiba, where Cody and Yolei are his neighbors. He has grown taller and is the ace of the basketball club. He is gentle and friendly, so he is popular with girls, but he seems not to have much interest. Joining the new DigiDestined, T.K. obtains the Digi-Egg of Hope (希望のデジメンタル Kibō no dejimentaru). In the series' epilogue, T.K. has become a novelist, having written books about his and the other DigiDestined's adventures in the Digital World. He has a son with a Tokomon. In a series of online polls conducted on the Digimon website, T.K. was ranked 7th by Japanese voters as Favorite DigiDestined. When the same question was asked two more times, his rank rose to 2nd, but fell to 3rd. T.K. is also ranked 1st as whom the voters would want as a younger brother and as the DigiDestined whom the voters thought was the strongest. He placed 2nd as the DigiDestined voters would want to switch places with and as the best-looking DigiDestined in the winter. When voters were asked which DigiDestined they would want as their boyfriend, T.K. placed in 3rd.
- Voiced by: Miwa Matsumoto (Japanese); Laura Summer, Bridget Hoffman (in "Revenge of Diaboromon"), Dave Mallow (Angemon, MagnaAngemon & Seraphimon), Jamieson Price (Angemon, MagnaAngemon & Seraphimon in "tri. Confession through Future") (English)
- Patamon is a pudgy guinea pig Digimon with bat wing ears and T.K.'s partner. Due to T.K.'s young age in Adventure, initially he is the last to digivolve into higher forms. In Adventure, he sacrifices himself to defeat Devimon, recomposing into a Digi-Egg afterwards. Because of this, T.K. is sometimes reluctant to let him fight.
- Patamon has the ability to digivolve into angelic-type forms with light-based attacks. Additional forms not seen in the show include Manbomon (マンボモン), where Patamon uses the Digi-Egg of Light to armor digivolve into in the drama CD Michi he no Armor Shinka.
|Tokomon (トコモン)||In-Training||Bubble Blow|
|Angemon (エンジェモン Enjemon)||Champion||Hand of Fate|
|MagnaAngemon (ホーリーエンジェモン HōrīEnjemon, HolyAngemon)
(with the Crest of Hope)
|Ultimate||Gate of Destiny|
|Pegasusmon (ペガスモン Pegasumon, Pegasmon)
(with the Digi-Egg of Hope)
|Armor||Star Shower, Equus Beam|
|Shakkoumon (シャッコウモン Shakkōmon)
(Angemon with Ankylomon)
|Ultimate||Justice Beam, Kachina Bomb|
|Seraphimon (セラフィモン Serafimon)
(with the Crest of Hope)
|Mega||Strike of the Seven Stars|
Kari Kamiya and Gatomon
- Voiced by: Kae Araki (Adventure, 02), M.A.O (tri., DA:LEK),Misaki Watada (Adventure:) (Japanese); Lara Jill Miller (Adventure, 02), Tara Sands (tri., DA:LEK) (English)
- Kari is Tai's younger sister and is a gentle, compassionate girl who puts others before herself. She was unable to come to camp due to a cold, but was eventually revealed to be the eighth DigiDestined child. Kari admires Tai and is considered T.K.'s equal. She is highly perceptive of her environment and Digimon, but this also leaves her vulnerable to the Dark Ocean and being possessed by Homeostasis. She is partnered with Gatomon and holds the Crest of Light (光の紋章 Hikari no monshō).
- In Digimon Adventure 02, Kari has grew to be a charmingly, energetic, and bright girl. The gentleness and the sense of responsibility remain the same as in the past, but sometimes could be "mischievous" and "playful" . She becomes pretty interested in photography and she always carries a digital camera. Joining the new DigiDestined, with Davis having a one-sided crush on her, Kari obtains the Digi-Egg of Light (光のデジメンタル Hikari no dejimentaru). In the series' epilogue, Kari becomes a kindergarten teacher with a son who has inherited her whistle and has a Salamon as his partner Digimon. Originally, Kari was not planned to appear, but halfway into Digimon Adventure's broadcast, Nishizono decided to add her as a character, having been influenced by how "cute" she looked in the 1999 film. In a series of online polls conducted on the Digimon website, Kari was ranked 4th by Japanese voters as their favorite DigiDestined. When the same question was asked two more times, her rank fell to 5th, and then 6th, but finally landed at 1st. In addition, Kari is ranked as 1st, whom the voters would want as a younger sister and as the best-looking DigiDestined in the spring. She placed in 3rd as the DigiDestined who the voters thought was the strongest and as the best-looking DigiDestined in the winter.
- Voiced by: Yuka Tokumitsu,Mie Sonozaki (Adventure:) (Japanese); Edie Mirman (TV), Kate Higgins (tri., DA:LEK) (English)
- Gatomon is an exalted beast Digimon in the form of a bipedal cat and Kari's partner. She wears a special ring on her tail that gives her extra strength and prevents dark energy from spreading. Unlike the others, she is a Champion-level Digimon and displays a more mature behavior due to her complicated past. While escaping the Dark Masters, Gennai accidentally dropped her Digi-Egg, causing her to grow up alone. When she meets Myotismon, she is forced to be his underling, with Wizardmon as her only companion. Upon meeting Kari in the Real World, Wizardmon helps Gatomon realize that she may be her partner Digimon, causing her to defect from Myotismon. In Digimon Adventure 02, Gatomon loses her ring after being attacked by a Dark Ring-controlled Unimon, but retrieves it from Gennai at the end of the series.
- Gatomon has the ability to digivolve into angelic-type forms with light-based attacks. Additional forms not seen in the show include Butterflymon (バタフラモン Batafuramon, Butterflamon), where Gatomon uses the Digi-Egg of Knowledge to armor digivolve into in the drama CD Michi he no Armor Shinka.
- Aside from normal digivolutions, Gatomon also has corrupted digivolutions. When Kari believes Tai had died in Coexistence, her overwhelmingly negative emotions force Nyaromon to warp digivolve into Ophanimon: Falldown Mode (オファニモン：フォールダウンモード Ofanimon: Fōrudaun Mōdo, Ofanimon: Falldown Mode) before being absorbed by Raguelmon as the latter digivolves into Ordinemon (オルディネモン Orudinemon). But Gatomon was extracted from Ordinemon before joining the other DigiDestined Digimon in destroying her. In Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit Ver. 1.5 and Digimon Adventure PSP, Gatomon can become Ophanimon (オファニモン Ofanimon) whilst in Digimon All-Star Rumble, Gatomon is able to become Examon (エグザモン).
- In a chat room hosted by YTV with the English dub producer, Terri-Lei O'Malley mentioned that Salamon was named after her pet cat.
|Salamon (プロットモン Purottomon, Plotmon)||Rookie||Puppy Howling|
|Angewomon (エンジェウーモン Enjeūmon)
(with the Crest of Light)
|Nefertimon (ネフェルティモン Neferutimon)
(with the Digi-Egg of Light)
|Armor||Rosetta Stone, Cat's Eye Beam|
|Silphymon (シルフィーモン Shirufīmon)
(Gatomon with Aquilamon)
|Magnadramon (ホーリードラモン Hōrīdoramon, Holydramon)
(with the Crest of Light)
Adventure 02 protagonists
Davis Motomiya and Veemon
- Voiced by: Reiko Kiuchi (Adventure 02), Fukujūrō Katayama (DA:LEK) (Japanese); Brian Donovan, Griffin Burns (DA:LEK) (English)
- Davis is the leader of the new DigiDestined, wearing Tai's goggles after losing his own during battle. He has a one-sided crush on Kari and is jealous of her friendship with T.K. Though impulsive and simple-minded, Davis values his friends and is strongly dedicated to protecting them. He holds the Digi-Egg of Courage (勇気のデジメンタル Yūki no Dejimentaru, Digimental of Courage) and the Digi-Egg of Friendship (友情のデジメンタル Yūjō no Dejimentaru, Digimental of Friendship), briefly obtaining the Digi-Egg of Miracles (奇跡のデジメンタル Kiseki no Dejimentaru, Digimental of Miracles).
- In the series' epilogue, Davis has opened a noodle cart, which eventually expands into a food franchise. He has a son who has inherited Tai's goggles, making him the epilogue DigiDestined's leader. His son has a DemiVeemon as his partner Digimon.
- Voiced by: Junko Noda (Japanese); Derek Stephen Prince, Steve Blum (Flamedramon, Raidramon, Magnamon), Dina Sherman (Chibimon) (English)
- Veemon is a blue dragon-like Digimon and Davis' partner. Veemon can use the Digi-Eggs of Courage, Friendship, and Miracles to armor digivolve, but he eventually learns to digivolve naturally into dragon-type forms. Additional forms not seen in the show include Sagittarimon (サジタリモン Sajitarimon), where Veemon uses the Digi-Egg of Hope to armor digivolve into in the drama CD Michi he no Armor Shinka.
|Chibimon (チコモン Chikomon, Chicomon)||Baby|
|DemiVeemon (チビモン Chibimon)||In-Training|
|Flamedramon (フレイドラモン Fureidoramon, Fladramon)
(with the Digi-Egg of Courage)
|Raidramon (ライドラモン Raidoramon, Lighdramon)
(with the Digi-Egg of Friendship)
|Magnamon (マグナモン Magunamon)
(with the Digi-Egg of Miracles)
|ExVeemon (エクスブイモン Ekusubuimon, XV-mon)||Champion||Vee-Laser|
|Paildramon (パイルドラモン Pairudoramon)
(ExVeemon with Stingmon)
|Imperialdramon: Dragon Mode (インペリアルドラモン：ドラゴンモード Inperiarudoramon: Doragon Mōdo)
(Mega form of Paildramon)
|Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode (インペリアルドラモン：ファイターモード Inperiarudoramon: Faitā Mōdo):||Giga Crusher|
|Imperialdramon: Paladin Mode (インペリアルドラモン：パラディンモード Inperiarudoramon Paradin Mōdo)||Omni Sword|
Yolei Inoue and Hawkmon
- Voiced by: Rio Natsuki (Adventure 02), Ayaka Asai (DA:LEK) (Japanese); Tifanie Christun, Bridget Hoffman (in "Invasion of the Daemon Corps"), Jeannie Tirado (DA:LEK) (English)
- Yolei is the president of the Computer Club at Odaiba Elementary School. She lives in the same apartment building as T.K. and Cody, where her family runs a convenience store on the first floor. Her proficiency with computers and technical knowledge makes her resourceful to the team, but she can also be impulsive and idealistic. She holds the Digi-Egg of Love (愛情のデジメンタル Aijō no Dejimentaru, Digimental of Love) and the Digi-Egg of Sincerity (純真のデジメンタル Junshin no Dejimentaru, Digimental of Sincerity).
- In the epilogue, Yolei becomes a housewife after she marries Ken, they have three children; the oldest a daughter with a Poromon and two sons, the older with a Minomon and a baby with a Leafmon.
- Yolei appears in the game Digimon Digital Card Battle, where her name listed as "Keely".
- Voiced by: Kōichi Tōchika (Japanese); Neil Kaplan, Steve Blum (Pururumon, Poromon), Christopher Swindle (DA:LEK) (English)
- Hawkmon is a hawk-like Digimon and Yolei's partner. Compared to Yolei, he is down-to-earth and helps her stay grounded. Hawkmon can use the Digi-Eggs of Love and Sincerity to armor digivolve, but he eventually learns to digivolve naturally into hawk-type forms. Additional forms not seen in the show include Rinkmon (リンクモン Rinkumon), where Hawkmon uses the Digi-Egg of Friendship to armor digivolve into in the drama CD Michi he no Armor Shinka. In the video game Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer, he can also digivolve into Valkyrimon (ヴァルキリモン Varukirimon).
|Halsemon (ホルスモン Horusumon, Horusmon)
(with the Digi-Egg of Love)
(with the Digi-Egg of Sincerity)
|Aquilamon (アクィラモン Akuiramon)||Champion||Grand Horn|
|Silphymon (シルフィーモン Shirufīmon)
(Aquilamon with Gatomon)
Cody Hida and Armadillomon
- Voiced by: Megumi Urawa (Adventure 02), Yoshitaka Yamaya (DA:LEK) (Japanese); Philece Sampler, Bryce Papenbrook (DA:LEK) (English)
- Cody is the youngest member of the new DigiDestined living with his paternal grandfather and kendo master, who serves as a father figure in place of his deceased father Hiroki. He holds the Digi-Egg of Knowledge (知識のデジメンタル Chishiki no Dejimentaru, Digimental of Knowledge) and the Digi-Egg of Reliability (誠実のデジメンタル Seijitsu no Dejimentaru, Digimental of Reliability).
- Near the end of the series, Cody learns that his father was Yukio Oikawa's best friend. In the series' epilogue, Cody becomes a lawyer and has a daughter with Upamon as her partner Digimon.
- Voiced by: Megumi Urawa (Japanese); Robert Axelrod, Dave Mallow (Tsubumon, Upamon), Tom Fahn (Digmon, Submarimon), Robbie Daymond (DA:LEK) (English)
- Armadillomon is an armadillo-like Digimon and Cody's partner. He has a laid-back personality and speaks with a Nagoya dialect, usually ending his sentences with "da gya." In the English dub, he speaks with a Southern United States accent. His easygoing nature is a sharp contrast to Cody's serious personality. Armadillomon can use the Digi-Eggs of Knowledge and Reliability to armor digivolve, but he eventually learns to digivolve naturally into Ankylomon. Additional forms not seen in the show include Pteramon (プテラノモン Puteranomon, Pteranomon), where Armadillomon uses the Digi-Egg of Love to armor digivolve into in the drama CD Michi he no Armor Shinka. In the video game Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer, he can also digivolve into Vikemon (ヴァイクモン Vaikumon).
|Digmon (ディグモン Digumon)
(with the Digi-Egg of Knowledge)
|Submarimon (サブマリモン Sabumarimon)
(with the Digi-Egg of Reliability)
|Ankylomon (アンキロモン Ankiromon)||Champion||Tail Hammer|
|Shakkoumon (シャッコウモン Shakkōmon)
(Ankylomon with Angemon)
|Ultimate||Justice Beam, Kachina Bomb|
Ken Ichijoji and Wormmon
- Voiced by: Romi Park (Adventure 02), Arthur Lounsbery (DA:LEK) (Japanese); Derek Stephen Prince (English)
- Ken is a prodigy from Tamachi who entered the Digital World as a child and traveled with Ryo Akiyama until he was implanted by a Dark Spore, a fragment of a Digimon named Milleniumon that they defeated. Following the death of his older brother Osamu and Oikawa's manipulation, Ken is influenced by the Dark Spore into emulating his brother while becoming the Digimon Emperor (デジモンカイザー Dejimon Kaizā, Digimon Kaiser), who attempts to take over the digital world, under the belief that it's a game. After his defeat, Ken returns to his normal appearance and later joins DigiDestined to stop Oikawa's group. In the series' epilogue, Ken becomes a detective and is married to Yolei with three children; the firstborn daughter with a Poromon and two sons, the older with a Minomon and a baby with a Leafmon.
- Voiced by: Naozumi Takahashi (Japanese); Paul St. Peter, Wendee Lee (Leafmon, Minomon) (English)
- Wormmon is a caterpillar Digimon and Ken's partner. He possesses the ability to crawl and generates silk from his mouth. When Ken becomes the Digimon Emperor, Wormmon stays by his side hoping that he will return to his normal self. Realizing Ken has lost sight of himself, Wormmon sacrifices himself to allow Magnamon to destroy Kimeramon. He is later reincarnated at Primary Village and meets a reformed Ken. Additional forms not seen in the show include Bucchiemon (プッチーモン Putchīmon, Pucchiemon), where Wormmon uses the Digi-Egg of Kindness to armor digivolve into in the drama CD Michi he no Armor Shinka. In the video games Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer and Digital Card Battle, he can also digivolve into Dinobeemon (ディノビーモン Dinobeemon) and GranKuwagamon (グランクワガーモン Gurankuwagamon).
|Leafmon (リーフモン Rīfumon)||Baby|
|Stingmon (スティングモン Sutingumon)||Champion||Spiking Strike|
|Paildramon (パイルドラモン Pairudoramon)
(Stingmon with ExVeemon)
|Imperialdramon: Dragon Mode (インペリアルドラモン：ドラゴンモード Inperiarudoramon: Doragon Mōdo)
(Mega form of Paildramon)
|Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode (インペリアルドラモン：ファイターモード Inperiarudoramon: Faitā Mōdo):||Giga Crusher|
|Imperialdramon: Paladin Mode (インペリアルドラモン：パラディンモード Inperiarudoramon Paradin Mōdo)||Omni Sword|
Adventure tri. protagonists
- Voiced by: Miho Arakawa (Japanese); Cristina Vee (English)
- Meiko is a DigiDestined from Tottori, who transfers to Tsukishima High School. She has a shy and kind demeanor. Meiko's presence keeps Meicoomon's feral behavior in check.
- Voiced by: Yukiko Morishita (Japanese); Kate Higgins (English)
- Meicoomon is a Champion-level Digimon and Meiko's partner, known by the codename "Libra." Meicoomon contains a shard of Apocalymon's data within her body, which causes an infection in the Digital World. This forces Homeostasis and Hackmon to deem Meicoomon a threat while King Drasil and Dark Gennai see her as a means to destroy humanity. Being separated from Meiko for long periods of time, or seeing her partner harmed, causes her to go feral as Apocalymon's influence manifests itself as she transformed into Meicoomon Saltation (メイクーモン 豹変時 Meikūmon Hyōhen-ji) when she destroyed Leomon. Meicoomon later digivolved into her Ultimate form, Meicrackmon Vicious Mode (メイクラックモンヴィシャスモード Meikurakkumon Vishasu Mōdo) before being exposed to the Digital World's reboot. But Meicoomon retains her memories of Meiko which Dark Gennai exploits to have her fully embrace Apocalymon's influence. In Coexistence, she digivolves into her Mega form, Raguelmon (ラグエルモン Raguerumon) and absorbs Gatomon (as Ophanimon Falldown Mode) to swallow the Real World into the Digital World as Ordinemon (オルディネモン Orudinemon). Though Gatomon was removed, Ordinemon is corrupted by King Drasil's viruses and is destroyed by Omnimon with only the Apocalymon data fragment remaining.
|Meicoomon (Saltation) (メイクーモン (豹変時))||Champion|
|Meicrackmon Vicious Mode (メイクラックモン：ヴィシャスモード)||Ultimate||Berserk Sinking|
|Raguelmon (ラグエルモン)||Mega||Darkness Zone|
|Ordinemon (オルディネモン)||Mega||Summon Apocalypse|
- Young Voiced by: Hiroaki Hirata (Japanese); Jeff Nimoy, Steven Blum ("A Million Points of Light") (English)
- Old Voiced by: Joji Yanami (Japanese); Mike Reynolds (English)
- Gennai is a data-based human and a guide of the DigiDestined. Four years ago, Gennai protected all eight Digi-Eggs from Piedmon and sends them to File Island, though he accidentally loses Gatomon's egg in the process. As an elder, he assigns them to retrieve all lost crests and tags at the Server Continent. After Tai and his friends destroy Apocalymon, Gennai sends the kids home, suggesting that they leave their partners in the Digital World.
- In Digimon Adventure 02, Gennai uses the DigiCore given from Azulongmon and regains his youthful appearance. When Digimon begin appearing around the world, he helps the DigDestined remove all evidence with his clones Benjamin (ベンジャミン Benjamin) (America), Jackie (ジャッキー Jakkī) (China), Hogan (ユーカリ Yūkari, Eucaly in the Japanese version) (Australia), José (ホセ Hose) (Mexico), and Ilya (イリア Iria) (Russia).
- Homeostasis is a digital lifeform and one of the host computers that run the Digital World. First appearing in Adventure, she possessed Kari to show her the history of the Digital World.
- In the Digimon Adventure tri films, Homeostasis is the one who had the Digimon of the original DigiDestined digivolved to the Harmonious Ones during a losing battle against the Dark Masters. While the DigiDestined consider Homeostasis an ally, they eventually realize the being does not share their ideals and acts only to protect the Digital World at any cost. Homeostasis later forces King Drasil to shut down after Ordinemon's defeat for the program's role in the crisis.
- Voiced by: Nami Miyahara (Japanese); Bob Glouberman (English)
- Terriermon: Voiced by: Aoi Tada (Japanese); Mona Marshall, Michael Sorich (Gargomon), Lex Lang (Rapidmon) (English)
- Willis is an American DigiDestined who grew up in Denver and currently lives in New York. He owns twin partner Digimon: Terriermon and Kokomon. When Kokomon gets infected by a virus, he digivolves into Wendigomon. However, Davis and his friends save Kokomon from being infected.
- Voiced by: Konami Yoshida (Japanese); Tom Gibis (English)
- Michael is a DigiDestined residing in New York and a friend of Mimi's. In 1999, Michael witnessed Gorillamon climbing the Empire State Building, leading him to become a DigiDestined and partner with Betamon. When Digimon started appearing around the world, Michael helped Davis and Mimi round up the ones in New York and battle a berserk Cherrymon.
- Voiced by: Daisuke Namikawa (Japanese); Doug Erholtz (English)
- A main character in the Digimon Adventure tri. films. Daigo is Tai's substitute teacher and a government agent from the Incorporate Administrative Agency. He is described as warm, friendly, compassionate, and light-hearted. Loss revealed that Daigo was the leader of the original DigiDestined predating Tai's group, partnered with the Digimon that would become Baihumon. After falling off a canyon cliff and waking up in an underground facility, a mortally wounded Daigo dies in an explosion after sending Tai, Davis, Yolei, Cody and Ken back to the Real World.
- Voiced by: Daisuke Ono (Japanese); Kaiji Tang (English)
- A main character in Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kisuna. He is an intimidating FBI agent who is investigating Menoa Bellucci by posing as her assistant under an alias of Kyotaro Imura (井村 京太郎 Imura Kyōtarō).
- Voiced by: Kaneto Shiozawa, Ryōtarō Okiayu (Adventure:) (Japanese); Tom Wyner (English)
- Devimon is a Champion-level devil Digimon with long arms and bat wings. He can enslave other Digimon with his "Touch of Evil" claw attack and by embedding them with Black Gears. They are used to control each part of File Island. Devimon lives on top of Infinity Mountain, using Orgemon and a Black Gear-infected Leomon as his enforcers in an initial attempt to kill the Digidestined, before using the gears to fracture File Island to separate the DigiDestined from each other. After the Digidestined regroup, Devimon absorbs most of the Black Gears into his body to increase his size, only to be destroyed by Angemon. In Digimon Adventure 02, Ken finds Devimon's remains and uses his data to complete Kimeramon. In Digimon Adventure tri. - Future, Devimon has been reborn and is summoned by Dark Gennai alongside a group of Vilemon to fight MagnaAngemon. MagnaAngemon later joins the fight against Ordinemon, implying he eventually managed to kill Devimon and the Vilemon.
- Voiced by: Yasunori Masutani (Japanese); Richard Epcar (English)
- Etemon is an Ultimate-level puppet monkey Digimon with sunglasses. He is egotistical, charismatic, and often abusive to his subordinates. He rules over a portion of the Server Continent using a power source known as the Dark Network, which he uses to keep tabs on the DigiDestined and prevent their partner Digimon from Digivolving. Etemon is served by his Gazimon henchmen, a Kokatorimon, an army of Monochromon, and Tyrannomon. After the DigiDestined infiltrate Etemon's pyramid base, Etemon and his rival Datamon, fall into the network causing them to fuse into Etemon Chaos (エテモンカオス Etemon Kaosu). When he is defeated by MetalGreymon, he causes a vortex that sends Tai back to the Real World. Etemon later returns as a Mega-level cyborg Digimon named MetalEtemon (メタルエテモン Metaru Etemon). He is defeated by Zudomon and SaberLeomon. In the English version, Etemon's voice and mannerisms are reminiscent of Elvis Presley.
- Voiced by: Ryūzaburō Ōtomo, Toshiyuki Morikawa (02) (Japanese); Richard Epcar (English)
- Myotismon is an aggressive and evil vampire-like Ultimate-level undead Digimon who serves as the DigiDestineds' nemesis, a heartless monster able to create alpha bat constructs in his signature Grizly Wing attack. Myotismon first appears in the series to have DemiDevimon keep the children occupied while establishing an army of Digimon to enter the human world and kill the eighth DigiDestined, having the his forces scout Tokyo. After learning Gatomon is the eighth DigiDestined's partner, he creates a fog barrier around Odaiba to personally take over the district before a captured Kari is brought before him. The battle that ensued results in Myotismon being physically destroyed by Angewomon, only for his bats to reconstitute him as the nearly mindless Mega-level Demon Beast Digimon VenomMyotismon (ヴェノムヴァンデモン VenomuVandemon, VenomVamdemon). Though destroyed after Tai and Matt acquired the ability to digivolve their partners to Mega-level, Myotismon's soul survives and tricks Yukio Oikawa into being his host by playing on the human's desires.
- After a few years of directing Oikawa into executing his plan to ensure his return to power, Myotismon reveals himself in the World of Dreams. He absorbs the bloomed Dark Flowers Oikawa cultivated in a select group of children to become the robot-like Dark Lord-type Digimon MaloMyotismon (ヴェノムヴァンデモン BeriaruVandemon, BelialVamdemon). After killing Arukenimon and Mummymon in cold blood, he attempts to trap the new DigiDestined in illusions, but Davis breaks the others free. Myotismon battles the DigiDestined in the Digital World, but loses power with his body disintegrating as the Dark Flower children's dreams overcome their negativity. Myotismon's spirit is destroyed once and for all by Imperialdramon using power from all of the world's Digidestined.
- Voiced by: Kōki Miyata (Japanese); Derek Stephen Prince (English)
- DemiDevimon is a Rookie-level blue bat Digimon and Myotismon's servant, initially sent by his master to keep the DigidDestined from regrouping while preventing them from activating their Crests. He then accompanied Myotismon to Tokyo and helped in the search for the eight child. DemiDevimon escapes Myotismon's initial defeat and oversees the prophecy that leads to his resurrection as VenomMyotismon, who then devours DemiDevimon.
- Voiced by: Dave Guerrie
- Phantomon is an Ultimate-level Digimon and one of Myotismon's primary minions in his search for the eighth child alongside DemiDevimon. Phantomon leads the Bakemon guarding the convention center and participates in several battles with the Digidestined, often emerging as the victor. During the final battle with Myotismon at the Fuji TV station, Phantomon is destroyed by Angemon's Hand of Fate when he was caught in the pathway of the attack meant for Myotismon.
- Voiced by: Chikao Ōtsuka (Japanese); Paul St. Peter (English)
- Apocalymon is a Mega-level Digimon attached to a large structure from the waist down who serves as the first season's final antagonist, responsible for the chaos in the Digital World. He was born within a void from the data of Digimon who died because they were unable to digivolve and adapt, becoming consumed by their collective sadness and rage as he grew to bitterly hate the Digital World itself. In the Japanese version, he refers to itself as "we."
- Besides his ability to regenerate, Apocalymon can use his structure's claw-like attachment to replicate the attacks of other Digimon while using his "reverse digivolve" to revert the DigiDestined's Digimon to their default forms. After replicating Devimon's Dark Claw to take the Digidestined's Crests and destroy them, Apocalymon turns the DigiDestined and their Digimon into data. But the DigiDestined use the power of their Crests within their hearts to restore and heavily damage Apocalymon. He attempts to destroy everything with his final attack Total Annihilation, only for the power of the Digivices to confine the resulting explosion.
- In Digimon Adventure tri., it is revealed that a shard of Apocalymon's data survived and incorporated itself into the core of Meicoomon, whom King Drasil and Dark Gennai exploit in their plan to destroy humanity. The plan failed with Meicoomon's demise, but Dark Gennai recovers the shard while taking his leave as he considers to ally himself with Daemon or Diaboromon.
The Dark Masters are a group consisting of four Mega-level Digimon. In Digimon Adventure tri., they are revealed to have made a previous attempt to kill the first DigiDestined but are defeated after Tapirmon sacrificed himself so his fellow Digimon can digivolve into the Digimon Sovereigns. In 1999, the Dark Masters take advantage of the DigiDestined's absence by sealing away the Sovereigns and converting the Digital World into Spiral Mountain which is divided into four territories. As the DigiDestined learn, each Dark Master's defeat causes their domain to dissolve and be restored to its original form.
- Voiced by: Yuuto Kazama (Japanese); Doug Erholtz (English)
- MetalSeadramon rules over the Net Ocean, a giant Cyborg variant of Seadramon covered in golden armor called Chrome Digizoid. He is served by Scorpiomon and a group of Divermon. Extremely stubborn, temperamental, and arrogant, he attempts to destroy the DigiDestined. MetalSeadramon is eventually destroyed by WarGreymon ripping through the Dark Master's mouth. In Digimon Adventure tri.: Loss, a rebooted copy of MetalSeadramon is defeated by WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.
- Voiced by: Etsuko Kozakura (Japanese); David Lodge (English)
- Puppetmon is a Puppet-type Digimon inspired by Pinocchio with a playful personality despite being childish with a rotten temper, treating his minions Kiwimon, Blossomon, Mushroomon, Floramon, Deramon, Cherrymon, and RedVegiemon army as disposable playthings. He lives in a toy-like mansion which can transform into a giant wooden robot. While he can control others with strings and has an arsenal of real firearms, he wields the Bullet Hammer mallet, which uses energy blasts. When the DigiDestined enter his domain, Puppetmon abducts T.K. to have a playmate in a life-and-death game of hide and seek before the boy tricked him and escaped. Following the Digidestined splitting up, upset from Cherrymon warning him to underestimate their friendship, Puppetmon is forced to flee Tai's group when they destroyed his house and ends up being killed by MetalGarurumon.
- Voiced by: Hisao Egawa (Japanese); Dave Guerrie (English)
- Machinedramon is a dinosaur-like Machine Digimon armed with his two back-mounted Infinity Cannons, possessing an emotionless, cold, and calculating mind. He often resorts to military strategies in combat, including scorched earth strategies. He rules over Spiral Mountain's cityscape, and commands a vast army of machine Digimon consisting of Hagurumon, Megadramon, and Gigadramon as well as an army of Mekanorimon and Tankmon. Machinedramon targets the DigiDestined as they explore the city, leading them to fall into the city's lower levels. He destroys hundreds of Numemon previously enslaved by his minion WaruMonzaemon, before being defeated by WarGreymon, although the Wanderswan games reveal he survives and DNA Digivolves with Kimeramon to become Millenniummon. In Digimon Adventure tri.: Loss, a replica of Machinedramon is summoned by Dark Gennai and destroyed by Phoenixmon, HerculesKabuterimon, and Seraphimon.
- Voiced by: Chikao Ōtsuka (Japanese); Derek Stephen Prince (English)
- The leader of the Dark Masters, Piedmon is a Majin-type Digimon dressed as a colourful pierrot. He possesses a number of magical tricks and wields four swords with. He maintains an upbeat but sadistic sense of humor, displaying a passion for fighting. Four years prior to the events of the first series, Piedmon led an army of Gardromon and Mekanorimon in attacking the Agents' base. He stole all the crests and tags but Gennai protected the Digi-Eggs. Piedmon lives on top of Spiral Mountain in a large observatory-funhouse building in a rocky wasteland, served by LadyDevimon and an army of Vilemon. However, after his forces were defeated by the Digidestined's army of Digimon allies, he is sealed away via MagnaAngemon's Gate of Destiny after being sent flying into it by WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon's attacks.
Adventure 02 antagonists
- Voiced by: Tom Wyner
- Kimeramon is a chimera Digimon created by the Digimon Emperor to be his ideal partner Digimon in taking over the Digital World. Kimeramon has Kabuterimon's head, Greymon's lower jaw and torso, Garurumon's back legs, Monochromon's tail, one of Kuwagamon's left arms, SkullGreymon's right arm, Airdramon's wings, Angemon's top wings, and MetalGreymon's hair. After acquiring the data remains of Devimon, manifesting in his upper arms, Ken completes Kimeramon. However, Devimon's data makes him uncontrollable. When Davis uses the Digi-Egg of Miracles, Magnamon uses Wormmon's power to destroy Kimeramon.
- Voiced by: Wakana Yamazaki (Japanese); Mari Devon (English)
- Arukenimon is a drider-like Digimon who is cunning, intelligent, and temperamental. After secretly overseeing Ken's actions as the Digimon Emperor, she appears before the DigiDestined in her human form and uses her "Spirit Needle" hair to transform Control Spires into enemy Digimon. In the end, Arukenimon is killed by MaloMyotismon.
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese); Kirk Thornton (English)
- Mummymon is a mummy Digimon. Created by Oikawa, he wears a hat, royal blue coat, and wields a cane. Alongside Arukenimon, he serves Oikawa. However, he is killed by MaloMyotismon when he tries to avenge Arukenimon.
- Voiced by: Nobuyuki Hiyama (Japanese); Steve Blum (English)
- BlackWarGreymon is an artificial black Digimon clone of WarGreymon, created by Arukenimon from a hundred Control Spires. He becomes self-aware and undergoes an existential crisis. He tries to find purpose by battling Azulongmon and destroys six of the seven the Destiny Stones to face him. When Azulongmon appears with the DigiDestined's help and defeats him, BlackWarGreymon is reprimanded for endangering their realities. He later confronts Oikawa for disrupting the balance of both the Real and Digital worlds. After being fatally wounded by a Myotismon-possessed Oikawa, BlackWarGreymon sacrifices himself to become a seal to the Highton View Terrace gate to prevent Myotismon from entering the Digital World.
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese); Jamieson Price (English)
- Oikawa is a human aware of the Digimon's existence. As a child, he and Cody Hida's father, Hiroki, promised to visit the Digital World together. After Hiroki's death, Oikawa makes a deal with Myotismon to enter the Digital World, leading him to becoming possessed. Under Myotismon's influence, Oikawa creates Arukenimon and Mummymon. They then abduct various kids to absorb power from the Dark Spores implanted in them. When Oikawa tries to enter the Digital World, he instead enters the World of Dreams and is mortally wounded by Myotismon. After the DigiDestined permanently defeat MaloMyotismon, Oikawa meets Datrinimon and uses the World of Dreams to convert himself into data-based butterflies, restoring the Digital World.
- Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi (Japanese); Bob Papenbrook (English)
- Daemon is a wrathful demon lord Digimon whose robes conceal his true appearance. He is able to traverse between worlds. On December 26, 2002, Daemon appeared in Japan with his minions MarineDevimon, LadyDevimon and SkullSatamon to retrieve the Dark Spore within Ken. Ken uses his inner darkness to change the portal's location to the Dark Ocean, trapping Daemon there. In Digimon Adventure tri., Dark Gennai decides to ally himself with Daemon or Diaboromon after his plan with Drasil fails.
Adventure tri. antagonists
- Alphamon is a black-armored exalted-knight Digimon who appears in Digimon Adventure tri., armed with the Holy Sword Gradalpha and the Ouryuken (王竜剣) broadsword. He is King Drasil's servant who defeats Davis, Yolei, Cody and Ken when they were lured into a trap by Himekawa. Alphamon later makes attempts to capture Meicoomon, from driven off by Omnimon and later ending up in an all-out fight with Meicoomon, Jesmon, and Omnimon.
- Voiced by: Yuko Kaida (Japanese); Cherami Leigh (English)
- Maki is Daigo's ex-girlfriend and a government agent from the Incorporate Administrative Agency. She hides crucial information concerning Meicoomon's power and the location of the missing DigiDestined. Loss revealed that Maki was one of the DigiDestined predating Tai's group, serving as Homeostasis' medium like Kari. She became disillusioned over her partner Tapirmon needing to sacrifice himself for the Digital World. This influenced Maki to ally herself with Dark Gennai to revive Tapirmon through the Digital World's reboot, arranging Meicoomon's abduction to commence the event and concealing the disappearance of Davis and the others new DigiDestined from Tai's group. Though the reboot succeeds, Himekawa suffers a mental breakdown over Tapirmon not remembering her and is last seen descending into the Dark Ocean.
- Voiced by: Hiroaki Hirata (Japanese); Jeff Nimoy, Todd Haberkorn (as Digimon Emperor) (English)
- An evil clone of Gennai who he believes humans would eventually enslave the Digimon. After placing the real Gennai in a stasis pod alongside Davis, Yolei, Cody and Ken, initially assuming the real Ken's Digimon Emperor form, Dark Gennai helps King Drasil in his scheme of using Meicoomon to destroy humanity. Following Ordinemon's destruction, Dark Gennai recovers the fragment of Apocalymon's data and leaves to seek out new allies from the DigiDestined's enemies like Daemon and Diaboromon.
- King Drasil is a host computer being in the form of a tree who serves as the antagonist of Digimon Adventure tri., working with Dark Gennai to force Meicoomon into embracing Apocalymon's data fragment in a scheme to destroy humanity and absorb the Real World. However, the plan fails after Omnimon destroys Ordinemon and Drasil is shut down by Homeostasis.
- Voiced by: unvoiced (Japanese); David Lodge (The Movie), Aaron LaPlante (DA:LEK) (English)
- Parrotmon is a large bird Digimon, who invaded Highton View Terrace in 1996. He is defeated by Greymon, but his presence led to higher powers in the Digital World to choose the eight DigiDestined. He appears in the first part of Digimon: The Movie.
- Voiced by: unvoiced (Japanese); Paul St. Peter (English)
- Diaboromon is a computer virus Digimon who first appears in Digimon Adventure: Our War Game! (the second part of Digimon: The Movie). First appearing as a Digi-Egg, he invades the internet after hatching into Kuramon and wreaks havoc across Japan's electrical systems while Digivolving to Keramon, Infermon, and finally Diaboromon. He launches nuclear missiles to wipe out the DigiDestined. However, Omnimon destroys Diaboromon and his clones, causing the missiles to crash harmlessly into the water.
- In Revenge of Diaboromon Diaboromon is return where he is confronted by Omnimon, Angemon, and Angewomon, When he is struck down by Omnimon again, he sends millions of Kuramon into Tokyo to combine into Armageddomon to destroy it. Imperialdramon Paladin Mode defeats Armageddomon.
- Voiced by: Tomomichi Nishimura, Mamiko Noto (Kokomon) (Japanese); Paul St. Peter, Wendee Lee (Kokomon) (English)
- Wendigomon is a beast Digimon who appears in Digimon Adventure 02: Digimon Hurricane Landing!! / Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals! (the third part of Digimon: The Movie). Terriermon's twin, the trainee-level Kokomon was Willis' other partner Digimon who mysteriously disappeared. He resurfaced in his corrupted Champion-level state and abducted any DigiDestined with an original Digivice to his pocket dimension. Wendigomon's goal was to "go back" to how things were, Willis's attempt to reason with him causing him to digivolve into corrupted versions of Antylamon and Cherubimon. Magnamon and Rapidmon managed to defeat Cherubimon and he resurrects as a Digi-Egg.
- Voiced by: Mayu Matsuoka (Japanese); Erika Harlacher (English)
- The main antagonist in Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna. She is a scientist furthering Digimon research at a University in New York. Her partner used to be Morphomon, who was vanished from the Real World when Menoa received her admission letter to university. That event drove Menoa mad to the point of creating Eosmon, with the intention of robbing the consciousnesses from every DigiDestined around the world, as she believes to be preventing them from suffering the same fate as she and Morphomon did. Once Eosmon was destroyed, Menoa sees a brief vision of Morphomon. Afterwards, Menoa was arrested by the authorities.
- An artificial Digimon that appears in Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, created by Menoa Belucci in the image of Morphomon. Initially a Champion Level Digimon that digivolved to its Ultimate form during its first battle against the DigiDestined. During the final battle, Ultimate Level Eosmon cloned itself. And when the DigiDestined started destroying the clones, the desperate Menoa allowed herself to fuse with the original Eosmon, which digivolved to its Mega form. The majority of the clones as well as the Mega Level Eosmon were finally destroyed by Agumon (Bond of Bravery) and Gabumon (Bond of Friendship).
- Voiced by: Hidetoshi Nakamura (Japanese); Peter Spellos (English)
- A Champion-level fire spirit Digimon and a neighbor of the Yokomon Village living in Mount Miharashi on File Island. He is possessed by a Black Gear, but Birdramon destroys it. He later joins Mimi's army to fight the Dark Masters.
- Voiced by: Kiyoyuki Yanada, Kensuke Ōta (Adventure:) (Japanese); Michael Sorich (English)
- An Ultimate-level cyborg-type Digimon whom the DigiDestined meet in a factory on File Island, he is possessed by a Black Gear, but Kabuterimon destroys it. Later, Andromon aids the DigiDestined in their fight against the Dark Masters. In Digimon Adventure 02, Andromon is possessed by a Dark Ring, but comes across Tai, T.K., and Kari in a domed city, each face activating part of his old memory, which he recalls as a photograph he took of their last meeting four years ago. After breaking free from the Dark Ring, Andromon destroys the Dark Spire and remains in the domed city to reprogram the Guardromon that were controlled by the Dark Rings.
- Voiced by: Hiroaki Hirata (Japanese); Paul St. Peter (English)
- A Champion-level humanoid lion Digimon and Ogremon's long-term rival, living on File Island. In Digimon Adventure, Leomon is brainwashed by Devimon, but Tai and Matt free him by using their Digivices. Later, he helps them defeat Devimon. Leomon eventually gains the ability to warp-digivolve into SaberLeomon. Though sacrificing himself in defeating Metal Etemon, Leomon is revived at Primary Village following Apocalymon's defeat. In Digimon Adventure tri., Leomon visits the human world, where he is destroyed by Meicoomon, who senses his infection.
- Voiced by: Hisao Egawa (Japanese); Beau Billingslea (English)
- Leomon's rival and a Champion-level ogre Digimon living on File Island. He is a brutish, aggressive character, but shows a sense of honor and admiration for Leomon. They are possessed by Devimon, but are freed after Devimon's defeat. After Joe and Mimi recruit Ogremon, they defeat MetalEtemon and save both worlds from the Dark Masters and Apocalymon.
- Voiced by: Masaki Aizawa (Japanese); Simon Prescott (English)
- A Champion-level one-eyed centaur Digimon in a helmet with pipes on its humanoid back, living in an ancient temple on File Island and knowledgeable of the history of the Digivices. After Izzy and Mimi destroy the Black Gear on him, Centarumon shares his knowledge.
- Voiced by: Yasuhiro Takato (Japanese); Michael Sorich (English)
- A Rookie-level rabbit-like Digimon and the caretaker of Primary Village, where all Digimon are born from Digi-Eggs. After the DigiDestined defeat the Dark Masters and Apocalymon, Elecmon returns home.
- Voiced by: Masafumi Kimura (Japanese); Peter Spellos (English)
- A Champion-level whale Digimon first encountered by the Digidestined after leaving File Island. Controlled by a remaining Black Gear, Whamon swallowed the group, but was set free by Tai's Digivice. Remorseful, Whamon helped the Digidestined locate the Tags and carried them to the continent of Server. When the Digidestined returned during the invasion of the Dark Masters, Whamon reappeared to rescue them from MetalSeadramon and his Divermon. Whamon carried the group inside of his own body to safety, only to be attacked by MetalSeadramon. Whamon departed while Zudomon destroyed the Divermon and WarGreymon fought MetalSedramon. When WarGreymon was almost crushed by the Dark Master, Whamon reappeared and rammed the giant sea serpent, saving his friend and enraging MetalSedramon who blasted Whamon through the head. WarGreymon quickly destroyed MetalSedramon, but Whamon was mortally wounded and begged the Digidestined to save the world with his last words. In Digimon Adventure 02, Whamon was recruited to save most of the Digidestined from an off-shore oil rig that was under attack by a MegaSedramon. While the original version lists this as a different Whamon, the English dub changed it to the Whamon that the Digidestined knew.
- Voiced by: Isamu Tanonaka (Japanese); Richard Cansino (English)
- Piximon is an Ultimate-level famous trainer in the Digital World. He trains the DigiDestined to work together, and helps Tai and Agumon face their fears of Digivolving after Tai forced Greymon to digivolve into SkullGreymon. Piximon sacrifices himself to save the DigiDestined from the Dark Masters.
- Voiced by: Akira Ishida (Japanese); Robert Axelrod (English)
- Wizardmon is a Champion-level Digimon and Gatomon's friend who accompanied Myotismon's forces to the Real World. He is killed by Myotismon while protecting Kari and Gatomon from him. In Digimon Adventure 02, Wizardmon appears as a ghost at the Fuji TV Station, telling the DigiDestined a prophecy concerning Myotismon's return and about Ken's redemption through the power of a Golden Digi-Egg.
- Voiced by: Jūrōta Kosugi (Japanese); David Lodge (English)
- Azulongmon, a Mega-level, is one of the four Digimon Sovereigns and is the ruling guardian of Digital World's Eastern Hemisphere (based on Seiryuu). In Digimon Adventure 02, the Sovereigns were revealed to have been sealed away by the Dark Masters during the events for the first series with the DigiDestined sacrificing their Crest powers. During BlackWarGreymon's assault on the Destiny Stones, Azulongmon was freed by the DigiDestined and defeated BlackWarGreymon. He loaned the DigiDestined two of his DigiCores, allowing the DigiDestined to digivolve their partners past their Champion forms. In Digimon Adventure tri., Azulongmon and the Sovereigns were originally the partner Digimon of the first DigiDestined.
- Voiced by: Jin Horikawa (Japanese); Derek Stephen Prince (English)
- Digitamamon is an Ultimate-level Digimon and the owner of a diner where he is served by a Vegiemon. In Digimon Adventure, he forces Joe and Gomamon into working at his diner to pay off the debt they owe him, only to be bribed by DemiDevimon into keeping them in the restaurant. DemiDevimon's sabotages make things difficult for Joe and Matt. Digitamamon is defeated by WereGarurumon while Vegiemon flees. In Digimon Adventure 02, Digitamamon returns where he now has a different restaurant. He did get into an argument with Yolei about the payment differences. Digitamamon falls victim to a Dark Spiral that is in his shell, but is freed by Shurimon. He later opens a new Chinese restaurant with a Tapirmon, using the waters of a spring that conceals the last Destiny Stone as the secret ingredient to his popular noodle soup.
- Voiced by: Tanuki Sugino (TV), Kaori Ishihara (tri.) (Japanese); Paul St. Peter, Colleen Villard (tri.) (English)
- A Rookie-level tapir Digimon who works at the Chinese Restaurant in Digimon Adventure 02. Another Tapirmon appears in Digimon Adventure tri. as Maki's partner Digimon, able to digivolve into Megadramon (メガドラモン Megadoramon). He sacrifices himself enable his comrades to defeat the Dark Masters as the Sovereigns, with Maki managing to revive Tapirmon by rebooting Digital World. But the revived Tapirmon has no memory of Maki or their time together as a result.
- Voiced by: Yūji Ueda, Hiroaki Hirata, Masami Kikuchi
- A Champion-level slug-like mutant Digimon living in the sewers. They have difficulty adapting to sunlight. They chased the DigiDestined at File Island, but came to their aid against Monzaemon after their leader meets Mimi. A group of Numemon appear as slaves for WaruMonzaemon in Machinedramon's city, but rebel against him, praising Kari as their savior. Machinedramon then destroys the rebelling Nunemon.
- Gekomon: Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi, Hiroaki Hirata, Kōki Miyata, Junko Takeuchi (Japanese); Dave Mallow (English)
- Otamamon: Voiced by: (Japanese); Dorothy Elias-Fahn, Wendee Lee (English)
- ShogunGekomon: Voiced by: Ginzo Matsuo (Japanese); Bob Papenbrook (English)
- A group of amphibian Digimon that live in a castle, the Rookie-level Otamamon and Champion-level Gekomon serve Ultimate-level ShogunGekomon. After being awoken by Mimi, ShogunGekomon went on a rampage until MetalGreymon's Giga Blaster sent him back to sleep. Following the formation of Spiral Mountain, many Otamamon and Gekomon lost their home and ShogunGekomon when it was destroyed and ultimately aided the Digidestined in their final battle with Piedmon. In Digimon Adventure 02, ShogunGekomon falls under the influence of a Dark Spiral before he was freed after being tricked into destroying a local Control Spire.
- Sukamon: Voiced by: Motoko Kumai
- Chuumon: Voiced by: Kappei Yamaguchi (Japanese); Dave Mallow, Doug Erholtz (English)
- A pair composed by the champion-level mutant Digimon Sukamon and the rookie-level beast Digimon Chuumon, both relatively harmless despite being obnoxious. Mimi first encountered the duo while separated from the others, with the two quickly developing a crush on her. They later reappeared as recruits for Myotismon's army, but quickly abandoned it. When the Dark Masters created Spiral Mountain, Sukamon fell to his death in a deep crevice with Chuumon informing the DigiDestined of what occurred in their absence. Chuumon then later sacrifices himself to save a devastated Mimi from Piedmon's knife. The two were eventually reborn and resurfaced in Digimon Adventure 02 after Shurimon freed Digitamamon from a Dark Spiral. The two once again attempted to get Mimi to go out with them before she punches them clear across a lake in response.
- Voiced by: Shunsuke Takeuchi (Japanese); Aaron LaPlante (English)
- A rookie-level Digimon who serves as Homeostasis's messenger and observer, able to warp-digivolve into the exalted knight Jesmon (ジエスモン Jiesumon). While consider Homeostasis's orders absolute, he is moved enough by the DigiDestineds' resolve that he helps them in preventing Ordinemon from escaping into the Digital World while extracting Gatomon from the monster.
- Susumu: Voiced by: Hiroya Ishimaru (original film), Susumu Chiba (Adventure), (Japanese); Doug Erholtz (English)
- Yuko: Voiced by: Yoshiko Sakakibara (original film), Yuko Mizutani (Adventure & 02), Atori Shigematsu (tri.), Mie Sonozaki (2020) (Japanese); Dorothy Elias-Fahn (English)
- Susumu and Yuko are Tai and Kari's parents. They are named after their voice actors in the original television series, Susumu Chiba and Yuko Mizutani.
- Voiced by: Hiroaki Hirata (Japanese); David Greenlee (English)
- Hiroaki is Matt and T.K.'s father. He works as a reporter at Fuji TV and tends to be a workaholic, but has a nice demeanor. He finds out about his sons' connection to the Digimon during Myotismon's invasion. He is named after his voice actor in the television series, Hiroaki Hirata.
- Voiced by: Chika Sakamoto (Japanese); Barbara Goodson (English)
- Nancy is Matt and T.K.'s mother and a newspaper reporter. In Digimon Adventure 02, she moved to Odaiba.
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese); R. Martin Klein (English)
- Haruhiko is Sora's father and an anthropology professor at Kyoto University. He researches information on the Digital World.
- Voiced by: Toshiko Fujita (Japanese); Elizabeth Rice (English)
- Toshiko is Sora's mother, who urged Sora to quit soccer and do flower arranging after she suffered an injury. This initially causes a rift between the two until Sora realizes her mother truly loves her. She is named after her voice actress in the television series, Toshiko Fujita.
- Masami: Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi (Japanese); Jeff Nimoy (English)
- Kae: Voiced by: Kae Araki (Japanese); Mari Devon (English)
- Masami and Kae are Izzy's adoptive parents. After Masami and Kae lost their son, they adopted Izzy, who also lost his biological parents to a car accident. When Izzy overheard them discussing this as a child, he felt distant from them until he learnt to understand that they truly love him like their own son. They are named after their voice actors in the television series, Masami Kikuchi and Kae Araki.
- Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi (Japanese); Doug Erholtz (English)
- Jim is Joe's older brother. In the original Japanese version, Joe had two older brothers, but in the English version, both brothers were made into a single character. Joe's first older brother, introduced in Digimon Adventure, is Shin Kido (城戸シン Kido Shin), who helps him out during VenomMyotismon's attack after evading capture at the hands of Myotismon's Bakemon. In Digimon Adventure 02, Joe also had another older brother, Shu Kido (城戸シュウ Kido Shū), who is the eldest in the family and is also a college student working with Sora's father, Haruhiko Takenouchi. In the drama CD Michi e no Armor Shinka, they go on a date with June and Yolei's older sisters and eventually get their own Digimon in the drama CD Digimon Adventure: Original Stories.
- Voiced by: Kazusa Murai (Japanese); Peggy O'Neal (English)
- June is Davis' older sister and a fan of the Teen-age Wolves. She had a one-sided crush on Matt, but stopped pursuing him when she witnessed him saving Sora after Digimon crashed the Teen-age Wolves' concert. Jun starts a relationship with Shu. She eventually gets her own Digimon in the drama CD Digimon Adventure: Original Stories.
- Voiced by: Kousei Tomita (Japanese); Dan Lorge (English)
- Chikara is Cody's paternal grandfather living with the boy and his daughter-in-law Fumiko. He trains Cody in kendo, and serves as a father figure in place of his son and police officer Hiroki.
- Voiced by: Romi Park (Japanese); Steve Staley (English)
- Sam was Ken's older brother and a child prodigy who died in a car accident, his death having a profound effect on Ken as the Dark Spore emulated his desire to be like his brother with his Digimon Emperor attire modeled after Sam.
- Professor Mochizuki: Voiced by: Yutaka Aoyama (Japanese); Aaron LaPlante (English)
- Meiko's Mother: Voiced by: Hitomi Yoshida (Japanese); Colleen O'Shaughnessey (English)
- Meiko's father is a professor, who had a failed experiment on Meicoomon. The couple visit Odaiba, hoping to get help from the local DigiDestined in destroying Meicoomon.
List of Digimon Adventure characters Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.