Majesty facts for kids
Majesty is an English word from the Latin: maiestas, meaning greatness. It is a style of address. It is often used when directly addressing or referring to a monarch. The plural form is Their Majesties. The style ranks above Royal Highness.
Examples of modern usage
- His Majesty King Philippe of the Belgians.
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom.
- His Majesty His Majesty King Juan Carlos. (King of Spain.
Examples of past usage
- His Majesty King Victor Amadeus II of Sardinia. Referred to in British literature as Sardinian Majesty.
- His Majesty King Frederick II of Prussia.
Majesty Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.