Nasha Niva facts for kids
|Language||Belarusian (Taraškievica before 2008)|
The website of "Nasha Niva" (nn.by) was made in 1997. This site can't be opened in Belarus. It has been writing about the 2020 Belarusian protests and 2020 Belarusian presidential election. It uses the Belarusian language.
"Nasha Niva" is free of state propaganda. It is against Alexander Lukashenko. The government tried to close the newspaper many times. The newspaper got big fines and was left from state circulation. The editors and journalists have been arrested.
As of 2020, the editor-in-chief is Jahor Marcinovič, he came after Andrej Dyńko.
- Chief editor Andrej Dyńko got International Award "Freedom of Speech" and Lorenzo Natali Prize in 2006;
- Gerd Bucerius Press Prize (2007)
- Egor Martinovich got ‘Press Freedom’ award by Reporters Without Borders (2015);
- Egor Martinovich and Dmitry Pankaviec got BAJ ‘Volnaye Slova’ Award (2015);
- Andrej Dyńko got first prize in ‘Belarus in Focus’ journalist contest.
Images for kids
Nasha Niva Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.