Schools Out!: The Musical facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSchool's Out!: The Musical
|Directed by||Butch Hartman|
S. Scott Bullock
|Theme music composer||
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||47 minutes|
June 11, 2004
March 25, 2005
June 10, 2005
|Preceded by||"Genie Meanie Minie Mo"|
The episode chronicles the Pixies' (Ben Stein) plot to take over Fairy World and Earth by joining a businessman named Flappy Bob (S. Scott Bullock) to ruin the summer of Timmy Turner (Tara Strong) and his friends with an educational summer camp.
After accidentally being abandoned by his clown parents thinking him to be in danger, an infant Flappy Bob is found on the side of the road in Kansas by Pixies H.P. and Sanderson who decide to use raise him as their pawn.
Thirty-seven years later, Timmy and his friends are released for summer vacation and begin causing havoc for Dimmsdale thanks to the Pixies intensifying the children's fun ("Kids Just Being Kids"). Looking for an answer, the parents are introduced to Flappy Bob, now a businessman, who recommends the kids be put in his Learnatorium before they get hurt and cause the parents any more harm ("Get Flappy"). Timmy and the other kids are dropped off at the Learnatorium by their relieved parents.
With all the kids trapped in the Learnatorium with nothing to do, H.P. and Sanderson convince Timmy that adults are the root of all his current problems. With coaxing from the Pixies, Timmy wishes that kids were in charge ("Adults Ruin Everything"). As the President of the new Kid World, Timmy has Chester destroy the Learnatorium ("Ten and in Charge"/"Da Pixie Rap"). With kids in charge and getting everything they want, Jorgen Von Strangle is forced to return the fairies to Fairy World since they are no longer needed ("Pull Back the Fairies").
With the fairies no longer on Earth, the Pixies have control of all magic. Flappy confronts Timmy, angry that Timmy got kids to rule the Earth and destroy the Learnatorium, but Timmy states they tore it down because it was boring. The Pixies reveal that they've been raising Flappy over the years to think dull and boring activities were fun so that the Learnatorium would be built all for his apparent dream, which they claimed Timmy destroyed. Acting as Flappy's Godparents, they offer Flappy the power to make the world in his vision. Flappy accepts despite Timmy's heartfelt pleas to consider how his clown parents would feel about this ("Where Is the Fun?"). Granting the wish, the Pixies gain control of both Earth and Fairy World which are built in the image of Flappy and the Pixies respectively. Cosmo and Wanda are put in Fairy Jail by Jorgen, but escape by distracting him with a song of their enduring love for each other ("Floating With You"). With Pixie magic flooding Fairy World, Cosmo sends Wanda down the rainbow bridge connecting Fairy World to Earth before it is dissolved.
Now that the Pixies have taken over Fairy World, and Flappy Bob has made the world safe, the only people who are having fun are adults and the Pixies ("Unfundamentals"). Flappy soon starts questioning if what he is doing is what he really wants. Later, Flappy overhears H.P. and Sanderson gloating on how they had manipulated Flappy in order to rule Fairy World. Flappy realizes that Timmy was right about the Pixies all along. He decides to embrace his clown heritage and get everything back to normal.
Timmy tries to get everything back to normal but with the Pixies in control of magic, there is no way to break the contract. Timmy and Wanda are afraid all is lost, but Flappy Bob appears in his clown costume and states there is still hope. The Pixies raised him to be a boring businessman, but because of that he was able to find a loophole in the contract. Timmy and Flappy recruit the kids in making the Earth as fun as possible while preventing the adults and Pixie Guards that are trying to stop them ("The Reprise Remix"). The Pixies soon get word from this and go down to Earth.
H.P. and Sanderson admit using Flappy for other motives, but the latter reminds Flappy they still have the contract Flappy signed. Flappy admits that everything in the contract is binding, however it states the world will reflect fun "as defined by Flappy Bob". Flappy then states his new definition of fun is everything the way it's supposed to be which means the Pixies are forced to declare defeat. H.P. rips up the contract and uses his phone to turn everything on Earth and Fairy World back to normal.
Wanda brings Flappy his parents who have been searching for him for 37 years (which Wanda was able to do due to a loophole) and reunites with Cosmo. Everything seems normal until both Happy Peppy Gary and Betty open a new Learnatorium. Cosmo & Wanda use their magic to turn everything at the Learnatorium fun and puts on a concert ("Kids Just Being Kids Reprise"). The kids' parents finally see how much fun the kids are really having and decide to join them.
- Tara Strong as Timmy Turner and Baby Flappy
- Daran Norris as Cosmo, Mr. Turner, and Jorgen Von Strangle
- Susanne Blakeslee as Wanda, Mrs. Turner, and Flooky
- Grey DeLisle as Tootie, Veronica, Peppy Happy Betty, and Yvette Ubetcha
- Carlos Alazraqui as Denzel Crocker, Sheldon Dinkleburg, Mayor of Dimmsdale, Chompy the Goat, Human Bullet, Juandissimo Magnifico (Blooper only)
- Dionne Quan as Trixie Tang
- Jason Marsden as Chester McBadbat and Kid Reporter #1
- Gary LeRoi Gray as AJ
- Dee Bradley Baker as Binky Abdul, Sanjay, and Sanjay's Dad
- Jim Ward as Chet Ubetcha and Flunky
- Faith Abrahams as Francis
- Rob Paulsen as Happy Peppy Gary and Mark Chang (Blooper only)
- S. Scott Bullock as Flappy Bob
- Ben Stein as HP and Sanderson
- Method Man as HP's Rapping Voice
- Redman as Sanderson's Rapping Voice
- Guy Moon, Chelsea Moon, Dusty Moon, and Savannah Moon as Backup Singers
- "Kids Just Being Kids" - Timmy, Chester, Francis, Veronica, Sanjay, Cosmo, Wanda, Sanderson, Mom, Dad, Sanjay's Stepdad, Dinkleburg, the Mayor
- "Get Flappy" - Flappy Bob, Timmy, Gary and Betty, Chester, and Dad
- "Adults Ruin Everything" - Timmy, Kids, H.P.
- "Da Pixie Rap" - H.P., Sanderson
- "Ten and in Charge" - Timmy, H.P, Sanderson, Cosmo, Wanda
- "Pull Back the Fairies" - Jorgen
- "Where Is the Fun?" - Timmy, Flappy Bob, H.P., Sanderson
- "Floating with You" - Wanda, Cosmo
- "Unfundamentals" - Cosmo, Jorgen, Fairies, Flappy Bob, Timmy, Kids
- "The Reprise Remix" - Timmy, Flappy Bob, H.P., Sanderson, Kids
- "Kids Just Being Kids (Reprise)" - Company
Images for kids
A postcard for The Fairly OddParents segment on Nickelodeon's Oh Yeah! Cartoons
Schools Out!: The Musical Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.