Seaforth, New South Wales facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSeaforth
Sydney, New South Wales
View of Middle Harbour from Seaforth
|Population||7,139 (2016 census)|
|• Density||2,300/km2 (6,000/sq mi)|
|Elevation||70 m (230 ft)|
|Area||3.1 km2 (1.2 sq mi)|
|Location||12 km (7 mi) north-east of Sydney CBD|
|LGA(s)||Northern Beaches Council|
Seaforth is a suburb of Northern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Seaforth is located 12 kilometres north-east of the Sydney central business district in the local government area of Northern Beaches Council and is part of the Northern Beaches region.
Seaforth overlooks Middle Harbour and is linked south to Mosman by the Spit Bridge. To the west, Seaforth overlooks Sugarloaf Bay across to the suburbs of Northbridge, Castlecrag and Castle Cove. The Garigal National Park sits on the northern border.
The Seaforth library was built in 1887 and protected by heritage listing by Manly Council in 1995. It stands outside the former Seaforth TAFE. Seaforth celebrated its centenary on Sunday 12 November 2006 with a historical display in the town centre.
At the 2016 census, the suburb of Seaforth recorded a population of 7,139. Of these:
- There are more families with young children than typical. While the median age was 40 years, compared to the national median of 38 years, children aged under 15 years made up 25.5% of the population (national average is 18.7%) and people aged 65 years and over made up 12.8% of the population (national average is 15.8%).
- 64.8% of people were born in Australia. The most common countries of birth were England 10.4%, New Zealand 2.3%, China 1.9% and South Africa 1.7%.
- 82.4% of people only spoke English at home. Other languages spoken at home included Mandarin at 2.2%.
- The most common responses for religion were No Religion 34.4%, Catholic 26.9% and Anglican 18.7%
- The median household weekly income was $3,384, compared to the national median of $1,438.
- Separate houses made up the great majority (85.9%) of residences, 9.0% were semi-detached and 4.7% were flats, units or apartments. The average household size was 3.2 people.
Seaforth, New South Wales Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.