Woolwich Arsenal station facts for kids
|Local authority||Royal Borough of Greenwich|
|Number of platforms||4 (2 underground platforms served by DLR)|
|1 November 1849||Opened|
|12 January 2009||DLR opened|
|Lists of stations|
Woolwich Arsenal station is a National Rail and Docklands Light Railway interchange station in Woolwich in the London Borough of Greenwich. It acts as a local station on the North Kent Line between London and Gillingham, served by Southeastern, and is the southern terminus of the Woolwich Arsenal branch of the Docklands Light Railway. The station faces General Gordon Square and is named after the nearby Woolwich Arsenal. It is the only DLR station in Travelcard Zone 4.
The typical off-peak service from the station is:
- 4tph (trains per hour) to London Cannon Street via Greenwich (stopping service)
- 2tph to London Charing Cross via Greenwich (semi-fast service)
- 2tph to London Cannon Street via Charlton and Lewisham (stopping service)
- 2tph to London Cannon Street via Sidcup and Lewisham (stopping service)
- 2tph to Dartford (stopping service)
- 2tph to Gillingham (semi-fast)
- 2tph to Plumstead
The station is on the North Kent Line. Typical journey times to London are in the region of 30 minutes.
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||Terminus|
North Kent Line
Woolwich Arsenal station Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.