1114 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1111 1112 1113 – 1114 – 1115 1116 1117|
- The Song Dynasty emperor Huizong sends a gift of Chinese musical instruments for use in royal banquets to the Goryeo court of Korea, by request from the Goryeo king Yejong.
- January 7 – Matilda, daughter of Henry I of England, marries Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor.
- Ramon Berenguer III of Barcelona and his Pisan allies, takes over Ibiza and Mallorca.
- The Almoravid governor of Zaragoza, Muhàmmad ibn al-Hajj, launches an offensive against the County of Barcelona but is defeated at the Battle of Martorell by Ramon Berenguer III.
- As part of the Norman expansion southward, the count Routrou II of Perche enters the service of the king of Castille, Alfonso the Battler.
- The Polovtsy attack the Byzantine Empire.
- Otto of Freising, German bishop and historian (approximate date; d. 1158)
- Gerard of Cremona, Italian translator of scientific works (approximate date; d. 1187)
- Henry of Scotland, 3rd Earl of Huntingdon (d. 1152)
- Bhaskara II, Indian mathematician
1114 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.