1647 facts for kids
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1610s 1620s 1630s – 1640s – 1650s 1660s 1670s|
|Years:||1644 1645 1646 – 1647 – 1648 1649 1650|
- March 14 – Thirty Years' War: Bavaria, Cologne, France and Sweden sign the Truce of Ulm.
- April 3 – In England, letter from the Agitators of the New Model Army, protesting delay of pay, is read in the House of Commons
- May 29 – The Rhode Island General Assembly drafts a constitution that separates church and state, and permits public referenda and initiatives on legislation.
- August 8 – The battle of Dungans Hill, Irish forces are defeated by British Parliamentary forces.
- August – Peter Stuyvesant appointed Director of New Amsterdam by the Dutch West India Company.
- Johann von Werth tried to take his troops over the Austrian border, but they refused
1647 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.