Bedknobs and Broomsticks facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsBedknobs and Broomsticks
|Directed by||Robert Stevenson|
|Produced by||Bill Walsh|
|Screenplay by||Bill Walsh
Richard M. Sherman
Robert B. Sherman
|Cinematography||Frank V. Phillips|
|Editing by||Cotton Warburton|
|Studio||Walt Disney Productions|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Film Distribution Company|
|Release date(s)||October 7, 1971(United Kingdom)
December 13, 1971 (United States)
|Running time||117 minutes|
Bedknobs and Broomsticks is a 1971 musical movie produced by Walt Disney Productions. It combines live action and animation. It was released in North America on December 13, 1971. It is based on the books The Magic Bed Knob; or, How to Become a Witch in Ten Easy Lessons and Bonfires and Broomsticks by English children's author Mary Norton.
The movie was made at Walt Disney Studios. The castle scenes were shot on location at Corfe Castle, Dorset, England, UK.
- Angela Lansbury as Miss Eglantine Price, an apprentice witch.
- David Tomlinson as Emelius Browne, Miss Price's former teacher and headmaster of Correspondence College of Witchcraft.
- Roddy McDowall as Mr. Rowan Jelk, the local vicar
- Sam Jaffe as Bookman, an antiquarian book merchant
- John Ericson as Colonel Heller, leader of German invasion force.
- Bruce Forsyth as Swinburne, Bookman's assistant
- Cindy O'Callaghan as Carrie
- Roy Snart as Paul
- Ian Weighill as Charlie
- Tessie O'Shea as Mrs. Jessica Hobday
- Arthur Gould-Porter as Captain Bill Ainsley Greer
- Ben Wrigley as Portobello Road workman
- Reginald Owen as Major General Sir Brian Teagler, leader of the Home Guard. This is Owen's last film before his death the next year.
- Cyril Delevanti as Elderly farmer
- Rick Traeger and Manfred Lating as German sergeants
The voices of:
- Robert Holt as Codfish
- Lennie Weinrib as Secretary Bird and Lion
- Dal McKennon as Bear
Bedknobs and Broomsticks Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.