Danger Rangers facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsDanger Rangers
|Created by||Christopher West
Walter Douglas Smith Jr.
Michael D. Moore
|Directed by||John Kafka
|Voices of||Charlie Adler
Kevin Michael Richardson
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||16|
Howard G. Kazanjian
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Educational Adventures (later Mighty Kids Media)
Animation Works Inc.
|Distributor||Cookie Jar Entertainment|
|Original network||PBS Kids
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
1080i (HDTV) (2010–2012)
|Original release||September 5, 2005– December 26, 2006|
The Danger Rangers are a team of heroes who teach children about safety through examples, such as environmental hazards and unsafe places.
- Sully (voiced by Jerry Houser) – A blue sea lion. He is the leader and spokesanimal of the Danger Rangers. He cares a lot about his appearance, but also takes his duties as leader seriously.
- Kitty (voiced by Grey DeLisle) – A pink cat. She is the intelligent, cool and adventurous second-in-command of the group. She is also helpful and resourceful, and strongly believes in playing fair.
- Burble (voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson) – A large polar bear. He is the strong and humorous recreational safety expert. He is also the group's "gentle giant" and prefers to play both fair and safe.
- Squeeky (voiced by Rob Paulsen) – A navy blue mouse. He is small, yet very valuable to the Danger Rangers. With his size, he can fix any problem which otherwise proves to be too small for the others to handle.
- Burt (voiced by Mark Hamill) – A green turtle. He is the team's creative and genuine personal safety expert. As the team's inventor, Burt always comes up with inventions, including Fallbot, that would help the Danger Rangers in their missions.
- Gabriela "GB" (voiced by Tasia Valenza) – A red hummingbird. She is the operations chief and head safety trainer. While the other members go out on the field during a mission, she usually acts as a supervisor.
- Fallbot (voiced by John Kassir) – A blue-and-yellow robot who was invented by Burt. He is the very clumsy and accident-prone ally of the Danger Rangers.
- SAVO (voiced by Jonathan Harris in the pilot episode "Mission 547: Safety Rules" and Charlie Adler in all other episodes) – The artificial intelligence of the Danger Rangers' base who alerts them of any safety trouble. His name is an acronym, as it stands for "Safety Alert Vectometer" (as shown in "Mission 547: Safety Rules"). He also somewhat has a flair for the dramatic.
- Junior Danger Rangers – Various children who help and work along with the Danger Rangers.
- Charlie Adler – SAVO, Chimpanzee (ep. 1), Police Officer (ep. 2), Kid (ep. 3), Gopher Dad (ep. 4), Frinja #3 (ep. 6), Worker #1 (ep. 6), Record Executive (ep. 8), Herbert Dinkwell (ep. 10)
- Grey DeLisle – Kitty, Penguin (ep. 1), Lil (ep. 1), Kate (ep. 2), Child (ep. 3), Kwan (ep. 3), Mom (ep. 3), Fabiola (ep. 4, 15), Badger Kid (ep. 5), Jack (ep. 6), Mrs. Hopper (ep. 7), Mateo (ep. 8), Bobby (ep. 9), Queen of England (ep. 10), Jackie (ep. 11), Jodie (ep. 14), Teacher (ep. 14)
- Mark Hamill – Burt, Lobster Theodore (ep. 1), Carl the Electrical Worker (ep. 3), Driver (ep. 5), Mayor of Digger's Gold (ep. 9), Butler (ep. 10)
- Jerry Houser – Sully, Police Officer (ep. 3), Audience Guy #1 (ep. 5), Decibull #3 (ep. 8), Dad (ep. 8), Paramedic (ep. 10)
- John Kassir – Fallbot, Peter Possum (ep. 1), Fox Dad (ep. 4), Eddie (ep. 5), Frinja #2 (ep. 6), Decibull #2 (ep. 8), Police Officer (ep. 8), Giles (ep. 9), Fire Chief (ep. 10), Beaver Guy (ep. 11), Duncan (ep. 14), Kid #1 (ep. 14)
- Rob Paulsen – Squeeky, Snarf (ep. 2), Quentin V. Manderbill (ep. 3), Firework Announcer (ep. 4), Sparky's Dad (ep. 5), Frinja #1 (ep. 6), Billy Goat (ep. 7), Mr. Curl (ep. 7), Decibull #1 (ep. 8), Inspector Brumell (ep. 10), Mr. Buckster (ep. 11), Luke (ep. 12), Ship Crew Member (ep. 13), Chancy McSpill (ep. 14), Scott (ep. 15)
- Kevin Michael Richardson – Burble, Chili Dog (ep. 2), Judge Maxim (ep. 4), Audience Guy #2 (ep. 5), Frinja #4 (ep. 6), Knuckles (ep. 8), Detective (ep. 10), Lonnie (ep. 10), Announcer (ep. 14)
- Tasia Valenza – Gabriela the Hummingbird, London Reporter (ep. 1), Raccoon Kid #2 (ep. 1), Firefighter #3 (ep. 4), Ana Gomez (ep. 14)
- Pamela Adlon – Carl (ep. 8), Martin (ep. 8)
- Jeff Bennett – Henri Ennui (ep. 6), EMT (ep. 6), Factory Owner (ep. 6)
- Gregg Berger – Commander Octodon (ep. 1)
- Cassie Boyd – Talya Mendoza (ep. 14), Kid #2 (ep. 14), Kid #3 (ep. 14)
- Kimberly Brooks – Boy (ep. 3), Girl #2 (ep. 3)
- Jodi Carlisle – Mother (ep. 8), Teacher (ep. 8)
- Justin Cowden – Derek (ep. 4, 15), Dad (ep. 4, 15), Gopher Kid (ep. 4)
- Elizabeth Daily – Bobby (ep. 5), Kid (ep. 5), Sparky (ep. 5)
- Debi Derryberry – Emily (ep. 10), Mark (ep. 10), Royal Secretary (ep. 10)
- Jessica DiCicco – Manny (ep. 6), Moe (ep. 6)
- Nika Futterman – Sheila the Cancun Reporter (ep. 1), Harry (ep. 1), Raccoon Kid #1 (ep. 1)
- Kim Mai Guest – Angela (ep. 3), Girl #1 (ep. 3)
- Jess Harnell – Captain Squall (ep. 13), Chival Brayski (ep. 13), Cruise Director (ep. 13)
- Jonathan Harris – S.A.V.O. (ep. 7)
- Amber Hood – Andy (ep. 5), Boy (ep. 5), Pauley (ep. 5)
- Richard Steven Horvitz – Worley the Weasel (ep. 5), Beaver (ep. 5)
- Joe Lala – Hector Delgado (ep. 1), Joey Clams (ep. 1), Raccoon Dad (ep. 1)
- Carolyn Lawrence – Ana (ep. 15), Millie (ep. 15)
- Katie Leigh – Adam (ep. 15)
- Sherry Lynn – Casey (ep. 4), Panda Girl (ep. 4), Panda Mom (ep. 4), Kelly Lamb (ep. 7), Mrs. Curl (ep. 7), Raccoon Kid (ep. 7), Casey (ep. 15), Kareen (ep. 15)
- Danny Mann – Dudek Brayski (ep. 13), Fran-Teek Brayski (ep. 13)
- Jason Marsden – Alex (ep. 1, pilot), Rusty Ringtail (ep. 2), Jack, Kevin, and Matt (ep. 3), Lucky Curl (ep. 1, pilot)
- Annie Mumolo – Jose (ep. 9)
- Liza del Mundo – Billy (ep. 5), Police Officer (ep. 5), Wendy (ep. 5)
- David Prince – Fire Chief Daniels (ep. 4), Tall Tale Tim (ep. 9), Fire Ranger (ep. 9)
- Michael Reisz – Scott (ep. 4), Panda Dad (ep. 4)
- Marilyn Rising – Kids (ep. 9)
- Crystal Scales – Danny (ep. 10), Harrison (ep. 10)
- Justin Shenkarow – Jenkins (ep. 10), Nick (ep. 10)
- Kath Soucie – Mrs. Martha Barkster (ep. 12), Amy (ep. 12), Antny (ep. 12)
- Andre Stojka – Mr. Barkster (ep. 12)
- Danny Strong – Casey (ep. 9), Mickey (ep. 9)
- Tara Strong – Juan (ep. 2), Timmy (ep. 2)
- Cree Summer – Alisha (ep. 13), Alisha's Mom (ep. 13)
- Philip Tanzini – Brutus (ep. 5), Joey (ep. 5)
- Rosslyn Taylor – Willie Buckster (ep. 11), Cookie (ep. 11)
- Mark Thompson – Monster Truck Rally Announcer (ep. 5)
- Lauren Tom – Firefighter #2 (ep. 4), Miko (ep. 4), Poodle Kid (ep. 4)
- Kari Wahlgren – Alice Buckster (ep. 11), Mrs. Buckster (ep. 11)
- Audrey Wasilewski – Julie (ep. 9), Kareen (ep. 9), Denny (ep. 12), Dex (ep. 12)
- Frank Welker – Mr. Sherman (ep. 11), Rufio (ep. 11), Sparky the Robot Dog (ep. 11)
The series was canceled after only one season.
|Nº||Title||Original Air Date|
|1||"Water Works"||September 3, 2005|
When Commander Octodon builds his vast underwater hideout that causes the oceans to rise, he sends his henchmen Lobster Theodore and Joey Clams to sabotage the pools that the Danger Rangers plan to build all over the world but when Fallbot comes with them, they blame him for it.
Song: "Everybody Be Water Safe" (performed twice; the second time has Fallbot singing Squeaky's solo parts)
NOTE 1: This is the series premiere.NOTE 2: This is the only episode to only have one song and to have any song performed more than once.
|2||"Wild Wheels"||September 10, 2005|
Rusty Ringtail builds skate ramps in New York City so he and his friends Snarf and Chilli Dog can skate to the top of the Statue of Liberty. Burble has previously encountered Rusty before in his early work and works to reason with him.Songs: "Wheels," "Rules of The Road"
|3||"Where the Fun Never Stops"||October 13, 2005|
During Boston's power surge problem, Nobel Prize-winning inventor Quentin V. Manderbill plots to build a transporter powered by the wasted energy that children use playing on the prize-rigged playground equipment made by his Play Along Playground Equipment company. When the Danger Rangers end up captured, Gabriela contacts their Junior Danger Ranger allies in Boston for help.Songs: "When You're Coming Down that Slide," "Keep Yourself Safe"
|4||"Fires and Liars"||October 24, 2005|
The Danger Rangers celebrate National Fire Safety Month across the United States. In Chicago, two boys named Derek and Scott cause a false alarm that Fire Chief Daniels and his fire department respond to. When Derek and Scott play with fireworks and accidentally start a major fire near their building, Sully and Kitty must help the Chicago Fire Department put out the fire, rescue the building's inhabitants, and teach Derek and Scott about fire safety.Songs: "False Alarms," "Never Mess Around with Fire"
|5||"The Great Race"||November 26, 2005|
At the time when the Danger Rangers are preparing for their appearance at the Monster Truck Relay, Worley the Weasel and his friends hold a secret jogging race for the prize of the mini-monster truck. The Danger Rangers arrive to teach pedestrian safety and thwart Worley's plot.Songs: "Use That Crosswalk," "Make Sure They See You"
|6||"Medicine Mix-Up"||January 28, 2006|
In Paris, France, a brilliant scientist named Henri Ennui has a scheme to use a "Rancinator" to stink up the world's candy supply as part of a ransom of $50,000,000.00. This causes kids to seek out things that look like sweets, but are actually medicine which has some of the kids rushed to the hospital. The Danger Rangers head out to intervene in the mix-ups, confiscate the rancid-smelling candy, and defeat Henri Ennui (who turns out to have a history with Kitty) and his "Frinja" henchmen.Songs: "Don't Touch Them Pills," "Common Sense"
|7||"Mission 547: Safety Rules"||2003|
The Danger Rangers check on hidden dangers in the home, share bicycle safety rules, and are in charge of travel safety.
Songs: "911," "Danger Rangers Pilot Ending Song"NOTE: That was the first episode to air on television and is considered the show's pilot episode.
|8||"Safe and Sound"||March 3, 2006|
The Danger Rangers must snap Sully back into reality and save Hollywood from the dangerously loud music of the new rock band The Decibulls which is shaking up the buildings enough to cause hazards. Burt discovers that the CDs by the Decibulls have been made so they can't be turned down by The Decibulls' manager Buck Huckster and bodyguard Knuckles who wants their music to be loud in the musical competition.Songs: "Protect Your Ears," "It's All Up to Me"
|9||"Cave Save"||July 7, 2006|
After hearing tales of old-timer Digger Diaz's mining adventures from Tall Tale Tim (the resident storyteller) in Digger's Gold, New Mexico, four children named Mickey, Kareen, Jose, and Julie decide to do a little mining of their own to look for treasure in a large cave and end up losing their way. The Danger Rangers are off to rescue the missing children and showing them that abandoned homes and dark caves are no place to play. Things get worse when Mickey and Kareen end up in a competition with Tall Tale Tim and Giles to get the gold underneath Digger Diaz's house.Songs: "Cave Save," "Places Not to Play"
|10||"Chem Gems"||July 14, 2006|
When Scotland Yard is investigating who's been putting chemicals on London's streets, they assume it's the local toy-maker Herbert Dinkwell. The Danger Rangers are called in to help prevent dangerous chemical combinations done by unsuspecting children and soon discover that Herbert's assistants Lonnie and Jenkins are responsible for leaving the chemicals on the streets instead of having them taken to the Waste Processing Plant.Songs: "Poison," "Don't Touch That"
|11||"Dog Days"||July 21, 2006|
The Danger Rangers teach about the dangers of dog bites, how to avoid them, and how to approach dogs safely as Burt makes a mechanical dog named Sparky for the dog show at the county fair. Two kids named Alice and Willie Buckster plan to get a dog of their own for the Pooch Parade, where they try to get the dog that Willie meets on the way to the school named Rufio.Songs: "Don't Startle A Dog," "A Dog Is a Love Sponge"
|12||"Be Prepared"||July 28, 2006|
Burble takes the Danger Rangers to the "Be Ready for Anything Jamboree" at the Pine Lake Orphanage (where Burble had grown up during his childhood) run by Mr. and Mrs. Barkster. A boy named Luke and his friend Danny end up in danger when Luke was perfecting wind surfing for Burble until a storm hits.Songs: "Be Prepared," "Stay Calm"
|13||"Wet & Wild"||August 4, 2006|
The Danger Rangers take a cruise ship vacation and discuss water safety while helping a young girl named Alisha overcome her fear of water and helping to calm down the hyperactive Brayski Brothers and their nephew Fran-Teek.Songs: "You've Got to Think of Everyone Else," "Learn to Swim"
|14||"Go Games"||August 11, 2006|
Junior Danger Ranger Talya Mendoza sets out to shoot a movie about the Danger Rangers as they prepare for a bicycle, skateboarding, and rollerblading competition called the Go Games at Rivergrove Skate Park. Burt becomes the director to help out Talya. Meanwhile, Chancy McSpill and his sidekick Duncan plan to use every dirty trick in the book to win the Go Games. It's up to the Danger Rangers to thwart Chancy and Duncan's plot.Songs: "Wear Your Helmet," "Ride Smart"
|15||"Kitty's Birthday Surprise"||August 18, 2006|
In this clip show, the Danger Rangers have a surprise birthday party for Kitty and invite many of the children that she has helped over the years.Songs: "False Alarms" (from "Fires and Liars") "Keep Yourself Safe" (from "Where the Fun Never Stops"), "Protect Your Ears" (from "Safe and Sound"), "Everybody Be Water Safe" (from "Water Works"), "When You're Coming Down the Slide" (from "Where the Fun Never Stops"), "Places Not To Play" (from "Cave Save"), "Wheels" (from "Wild Wheels"), "Common Sense" (from "Medicine Mix-Up")
|16||"Fallbot Forget-Me-Not"||December 26, 2006|
When Fallbot blows a circuit board and loses his memory during a thunderstorm, the Danger Rangers scramble to fix Fallbot's circuit board and reinstall the safety rules he used to know so well before his visit to Hoover Street Elementary School.Songs: "Don't Touch Them Pills" (from "Medicine Mix-Up"), "Rules of the Road" (from "Wild Wheels"), "Never Mess Around with Fire" (from "Fires and Liars"), "Poison" (from "Chem Gems"), "Use That Crosswalk" (from "The Great Race")
- Street Smarts
- Poison Patrol
- Blazin' Hot
- Cool By The Pool
- Free Wheelin'
- Danger Alert
- Attack of the Achoos
- Camping Caper
- Adventure Island
The series originally aired on PBS Kids under the American Public Television brand from 2005 to 2006. Reruns aired on CBS as part of Cookie Jar TV from September 2011 to September 2012, but was edited for commercial television purposes, which included having the epilogue of the episode cut, resulting in showing only 14 out of 16 episodes on that network.
Educational Adventures (the original company behind the show) built distribution through grassroots efforts and deals with Virgin Atlantic and Safe Kids Worldwide. The assets of the company were eventually lost in a lawsuit after the liquidation of the company. This left Mike D. Moore to seek to regain control and restart the show.
Danger Rangers Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.