Doraemon facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsドラえもん
|Written by||Fujiko F. Fujio|
|Magazine||Various Shogakukan kids magazines|
|Original run||December 15, 1969 – June 23, 1996|
|Anime television series|
Doraemon (ドラえもん) is a Japanese manga and anime series. It was written by Fujiko F. Fujio. It was started in a children’s magazine in 1969. Doraemon is the name of a robot cat that came from the future to help a boy named Nobita Nobi. Doraemon is about the life of Nobita Nobi. In a typical story Doramon uses a gadget to solve a problem for Nobita, but Nobita goes too far and ends up being punished and learning a lesson.
Doraemon was turned into an anime television show in 1979. It still is being shown on television. As of 1996, about 100 million comic books have been sold. A Japanese-to-English version of the original called Doraemon: Gadget Cat from the Future was published from 2002. A local translation is published in each Asian country such as Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Vietnam. Despite popularity amongst people who only speak English, such as tourists who buy VHS and DVD media of Doraemon, the show is not in most English-speaking countries. Doraemon is endorsed by 7-11 in Thailand as a mascot.
- Doraemon: A cat-like robot of the 22nd century. Doraemon came to the present age to help Nobita. Doraemon has a four-dimensional pocket which holds a lot of gadgets. He loves Japanese traditional sweet Doracake dislikes mice.
- Nobita Nobi: He is a fourth grader. He is lazy and always gets in trouble, and never does his homework.
- Shizuka Minamoto: She is a classmate of Nobita. She is a smart and kind girl and always helps everyone.
- Takeshi Goda (Gian): He is a classmate of Nobita. He is very strong and always defeats Nobita in fight. He is selfish and mean, and he sometimes look after his mother's shop for vegetables and fruits.
- Suneo Honekawa: He is a classmate of Nobita. He is also selfish and mean, and his family is rich.
- Dekisugi: His name in Japanese which means "over talented". He is a very smart and intelligent boy who always do his homework on time. Nobita often asks Doraemon for gadgets to copy Dekisugi's homework.
- Sewashi: He is Nobita's great great grandson who lives in the future. He is born in 2115.
- Dorami: She is Doraemon's sister. Her body colour is yellow. She is very kind and helps Nobita and her brother, Doraemon.
Images for kids
The first appearance of Doraemon, who came via the time machine
International series logo, mainly used in Latin America
In Spanish: Doraemon para niños
Doraemon Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.