Greeting facts for kids
- "Hello", "hi", and "hey"
- "Good [morning, afternoon, evening], which changes with the time of day
- "What's up?", "Yo", "What's up?", and "What's happening?", which are not formal
- "G'day", a greeting used a lot in Australia
- "Howdy", an informal greeting used a lot in rural areas of the United States
- "How do you do", which is used as a question in some places and a normal greeting in others
There are also ways to greet without talking, such as these:
- Hat-raising or tipping
- Kissing on the hand or cheek
- Roman salute
Images for kids
Greeting Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.