Hartland Township, Michigan facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Hartland Township, Michigan
Location within Livingston County
|• Total||37.3 sq mi (96.6 km2)|
|• Land||35.9 sq mi (92.9 km2)|
|• Water||1.4 sq mi (3.7 km2)|
|Elevation||958 ft (292 m)|
|• Density||409/sq mi (157.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||248, 517, and 810|
|GNIS feature ID||1626446|
- Hallers Corners is an unincorporated community at the border with Tyrone Township at Denton Hill and Holtforth roads ( ).
- Hartland is an unincorporated community situated near the center of the township, just north of the junction of U.S. 23 and M-59.
- Parshallville is an unincorporated community partially located in the northwest corner of the township.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 37.7 square miles (98 km2), of which 36.3 square miles (94 km2) is land and 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2) (3.48%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 10,996 people, 3,696 households, and 3,108 families residing in the township. The population density was 302.5 per square mile (116.8/km2). There were 3,908 housing units at an average density of 107.5 per square mile (41.5/km2). The racial makeup of the township was 97.94% White, 0.27% African American, 0.30% Native American, 0.37% Asian, 0.25% from other races, and 0.86% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.11% of the population.
There were 3,696 households, out of which 44.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 75.1% were married couples living together, 6.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.9% were non-families. 12.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 3.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.96 and the average family size was 3.24.
In the township the population was spread out, with 30.4% under the age of 18, 6.1% from 18 to 24, 31.3% from 25 to 44, 25.0% from 45 to 64, and 7.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 99.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 98.2 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $75,908, and the median income for a family was $79,524. Males had a median income of $60,797 versus $36,662 for females. The per capita income for the township was $28,971. About 1.2% of families and 1.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.9% of those under age 18 and 5.7% of those age 65 or over.
- Spicer's Orchards and Cider Mill, the Parshallville Grist Mill, Dunham Hills golf course, Hartland Glen golf course, and Waldenwoods (a four season resort, campground, and golf course).
- Farmers Market every 1st Saturday of the month at Hartland Middle School.
- The Memorial Day Parade which is held annually in the Village of Hartland.
- Hartland Family Winterfest is held on the last Saturday of January at Hartland Heritage Park.
Hartland Township, Michigan Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.