Kagoshima, Kagoshima facts for kids
|"Kagoshima" in kanji|
Quick facts for kidsJapanese name
Kagoshima is at the southwestern tip of Kyūshū.
Kagoshima was the center of Satsuma Province and the land of the Shimazu clan.
- 1602 (Keichō 7): Shimazu build Tsurumaru castle
- 1549 (Tenbun 18): Francis Xavier arrives in Japan
- 1779 (An'ei 7): Sakurajima volcanic action
- 1863 (Bunkyū 3): Bombardment of Kyushu by British Navy
- 1914 (Taishō 3): Sakurajima erupts
- 2013 Sakurajima erupts.
Images for kids
Kagoshima, Kagoshima Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.