Kagoshima Prefecture facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsKagoshima Prefecture
|Area (rank)||9,132.42 km² (10th)|
|- % water||0.2%|
|Population (December 1, 2010)|
|- Population||1,703,406 (24th)|
|- Density||186.52 /km²|
|- Flower||Miyamakirishima (Rhododendron kiusianum)|
|- Tree||Camphor laurel
|- Bird||Lidth's Jay (Garrulus lidthi)|
Symbol of Kagoshima Prefecture
- 713 (Wadō 6, 3rd month) – Ōsumi Province was separated from Hyūga Province.
- 1543 (Tenbun 12, 25th day of the 8th month): 1st gun is brought to Japan by the Portuguese
- 1549 (Tenbun 18, 3rd day of the 7th month): Catholic Francis Xavier arrives in Kagoshima
- 1914 (Taishō 3, 1st month): Eruption of the Sakurajima volcano
- 2004 (Heisei 16): Kyushu Shinkansen line opens in Kagoshima
National Parks are established in about 9% of the total land area of the prefecture.
Shrines and Temples
Images for kids
Kagoshima Prefecture Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.