Louis VI of France facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsLouis VI the Fat
|King of the Franks (more...)|
|Reign||29 July 1108 – 1 August 1137|
|Coronation||3 August 1108, Cathedral Ste Croix, Orléans|
|Born||1 December 1081|
|Died||1 August 1137(aged 55)|
|Place of death||Béthisy-Saint-Pierre, France|
|Buried||Saint Denis Basilica, Paris, France|
|Consort||Lucienne de Rochefort
Adélaide de Maurienne (1092–1154)
|Children||Philip, Rex Filius (1116–1131)
Louis VII (1120–1180)
Henry, Archbishop of Reims (1121–1165)
Robert, Count of Dreux (c.1123–1188)
Constance, Countess of Toulouse (c.1124–1176)
Philip, Archdeacon of Paris (1125–1161)
Peter, Lord of Courtenay (d. Bet. 1179-1183) (c.1125–1183)
|Royal House||House of Capet|
|Father||Philip I (23 May 1052 – 29 July 1108)|
|Mother||Bertha of Holland (c.1055-1094)|
Marriages and children
He married in 1104: 1) Lucienne de Rochefort — the marriage was cancelled.
- Their child:
- 1) Isabelle (c.1105 – before 1175), married (ca 1119) William of Vermandois, seigneur of Chaumont
- Their children:
- Philip (1116 – October 13, 1131), King of France (1129–31), not to be confused with his brother of the same name; died from a fall from a horse.
- Louis VII (1120 – November 18, 1180), King of France
- Henry (1121–75), archbishop of Reims
- Hugues (born ca 1122)
- Robert (ca 1123 – October 11, 1188), count of Dreux
- Constance (ca 1124 – August 16, 1176), married first Eustace IV, count of Boulogne and then Raymond V of Toulouse.
- Philip (1125–61), bishop of Paris. not to be confused with his elder brother.
- Peter of France (ca 1125–83), married Elizabeth, lady of Courtenay
Images for kids
Louis VI of France Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.