Maria Antonia of Spain facts for kids
|Maria Antonia of Spain|
Maria Antonia in blue with her large family
|Queen consort of Sardinia|
|Consort||20 February 1773 - 19 September 1785|
|Born||17 November 1729
Royal Alcázar of Seville, Spain
|Died||19 September 1785 (aged 55)
Castle of Moncalieri, Turin
|Burial||21 September 1785
Royal Basilica of Superga, Turin
|Spouse||Victor Amadeus III of Sardinia|
|Charles Emmanuel IV, King of Sardinia
Marie Joséphine, Countess of Provence
Maria Teresa, Countess of Artois
Maria Anna, Duchess of Chablais
Victor Emmanuel I, King of Sardinia
Maria Carolina, Electoral Princess of Saxony
Charles Felix, King of Sardinia
Prince Giuseppe, Count of Asti
|House||House of Bourbon|
|Father||Philip V of Spain|
Maria Antonia of Spain (María Antonia Fernanda; 17 November 1729 – 19 September 1785) was an Infanta of Spain and the youngest daughter of Philip V of Spain and Elisabeth Farnese. She was the wife of Victor Amadeus III of Sardinia whom she married in 1750. She was the mother of the last three mainline Kings of Sardinia. In Italy she is known as Maria Antonietta but sometimes known incorrectly as Maria Ferdinanda. Her name was Maria Antonia Fernanda. She married the future Victor Amadeus III officially on 31 May 1750. The couple were very happy and had 12 children.
- Charles Emmanuel IV of Sardinia (24 May 1751 – 6 October 1819) married Princess Marie Clotilde of France in 1773, no issue.
- Maria Elisabetta Carlotta of Savoy (16 July 1752 – 17 April 1755) died in infancy.
- Maria Giuseppina of Savoy (2 September 1753 – 13 November 1810) married Louis Xavier, Count of Provence in 1771, no issue.
- Amedeus Alexander of Savoy (5 October 1754 – 29 April 1755) died in infancy.
- Maria Teresa of Savoy (31 January 1756 – 2 June 1805) married Charles, Count of Artois in 1773, had issue.
- Maria Anna of Savoy (17 December 1757 – 11 October 1824) married Prince Benedetto of Savoy in 1775, no issue.
- Victor Emmanuel I of Sardinia (24 July 1759 – 10 January 1824) married Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria-Este in 1789, had issue.
- Maria Cristina Ferdinanda of Savoy (21 November 1760 – 19 May 1768) died in infancy.
- Maurizio of Savoy (13 December 1762 – 1 September 1799) died unmarried of malaria.
- Maria Carolina of Savoy (17 January 1764 – 28 December 1782) married Antony, Electoral Prince of Saxony in 1781, no issue.
- Charles Felix of Sardinia (6 April 1765 – 27 April 1831) married Princess Maria Cristina of Naples and Sicily in 1807, no issue.
- Giuseppe of Savoy (5 October 1766 – 29 October 1802) died unmarried of malaria.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 17 November 1729 – 31 May 1750 Her Royal Highness The Infanta Doña Maria Antonia of Spain
- 31 May 1750 – 20 February 1773 Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Savoy
- 20 February 1773 – 19 September 1785 Her Majesty The Queen of Sardinia
Images for kids
Maria Antonia with her sister the Dauphine of France
Maria Antonia of Spain Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.