St. Anthony, Idaho facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
St. Anthony, Idaho
Fremont County Courthouse in St. Anthony
Location of St. Anthony in Fremont County, Idaho.
|• Total||1.59 sq mi (4.11 km2)|
|• Land||1.55 sq mi (4.01 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.11 km2)|
|Elevation||4,967 ft (1,514 m)|
| • Estimate
|• Density||2,298.19/sq mi (887.11/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0398080|
St. Anthony is a city in and the county seat of Fremont County, Idaho, United States. The population was 3,542 at the 2010 census, up from 3,342 in 2000. It is part of the Rexburg, Idaho Micropolitan Statistical Area.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2010, there were 3,542 people, 1,118 households, and 857 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,315.0 inhabitants per square mile (893.8/km2). There were 1,252 housing units at an average density of 818.3 per square mile (315.9/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 85.9% White, 0.5% African American, 0.8% Native American, 0.5% Asian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 10.6% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 20.9% of the population.
There were 1,118 households, of which 45.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.8% were married couples living together, 12.1% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.8% had a male householder with no wife present, and 23.3% were non-families. 20.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.94 and the average family size was 3.39.
The median age in the city was 29.8 years. 31.7% of residents were under the age of 18; 10.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 27.3% were from 25 to 44; 20.5% were from 45 to 64; and 10.4% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 54.5% male and 45.5% female.
- Brandon Bair, former NFL player for Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, and Philadelphia Eagles.
- Earl W. Bascom, rodeo pioneer, inventor, cowboy artist and sculptor, actor, Idaho Rodeo Hall of Fame inductee, "Father of Modern Rodeo"
- Jason Buck, former NFL defensive lineman (Cincinnati Bengals and Washington Redskins) and Super Bowl XXVI Champion
- Brad Harris, television and film actor
- Sherman P. Lloyd, Utah State Senator and Member of the United States House of Representatives from Utah
- Charles C. Moore, politician who served as governor of Idaho from 1923 to 1927.
In Spanish: St. Anthony (Idaho) para niños
St. Anthony, Idaho Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.