The Lingo Show facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsThe Lingo Show
|Created by||Nicole Seymour|
|Directed by||Charlotte Bushell & Lee Kitchen|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||31|
|Executive producer(s)||Adam Redfern|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Original network||BBC, CBeebies|
|Original release||12 March 2012– 1 September 2017|
The Lingo Show is a British flash animated children's television series created by Nicole Seymour, produced by the BBC and animated by Dinamo Productions for BBC's CBeebies channel and programming block. The characters and many other elements were designed by Kate Sullivan. The show, which combines flash animation with live action footage, is designed to introduce pre-school children to new languages. The series, which initially began as an interactive minisite on the CBeebies website, aired for two seasons on CBeebies between 2012 and 2013.
The series revolves around a bug host named Lingo and his family of bugs, who each specialize in a different language. At the request of kids, Lingo and his team travel around the globe to perform a Big Bug Show using one of their star performers. In each episode, the chosen bug searches around for props accorded for their show, introducing potential objects in their respective language, before bringing them back to Lingo so they can perform their Big Bug Show in front of the delighted preschool kids.
The characters were designed by Kate Sullivan. Kikli, Dyzio, and Subah do not appear as major characters.
- Lingo: The ringmaster ladybug of the Big Bug Show. He is in charge of bringing his Big Bug Stage across the world to host shows and often has wild ambitions as to what they could entail. Voiced by Marc Silk.
- Wèi: A little ant who speaks Mandarin. He is often seen wearing roller skates and a crash helmet. Voiced by Lin Lin.
- Jargonaise: A female pink butterfly who speaks French. Voiced by Aurelie Harp
- Queso: A cockroach who speaks Spanish. He is often seen carrying his guitar. Voiced by Fran Canals
- Lieb: An athletic tick who speaks German. Voiced by Britta Gartner.
- Blodwen: A fuzzy green caterpillar who speaks Welsh.
- Jaadoo: A white green striped weevil who speaks Urdu. He is constantly seen riding a unicycle and comes from Pakistan.
- Dyzio: A stick insect who speaks Polish.
- Kikli: A yellow bee with a magic wand who speaks Punjabi. Voiced by Samir Fothergill.
- Subah: A green snail in a purple polka-dotted shell who speaks Somali. Voiced by Park Shin-Yong.
- Spaestro: A blue spider with eight violet arms who plays several instruments, including a washboard, a drum, a trumpet, a piano, a violin, a xylophone, and a music player.
- Bloozles: A group of small green worker bugs that helps Lingo in preparing for the Big Bug Show.
- Floozles: The flying bugs that help Lingo prepare for the show too.
Season 1 (2012)
|Episode||Title||Original UK airdate|
|1||Chop Chop||12 March 2012|
|2||Wei's Giant Jump||13 March 2012|
|3||Cannonbug||14 March 2012|
|4||Wei Up High||15 March 2012|
|5||Wei's Buggy Best 3||16 March 2012|
|6||Can't Can't||19 March 2012|
|7||Trapeasy Rider||20 March 2012|
|8||Balancing Bug||21 March 2012|
|9||The Limbo Show||22 March 2012|
|10||Jargonaise's Buggy Best 3||23 March 2012|
|11||Strong Bug||26 March 2012|
|12||Questanets||27 March 2012|
|13||Queso the Clown||28 March 2012|
|14||Ice Cream Queso||29 March 2012|
|15||Queso's Buggy Best 3||30 March 2012|
Season 2 (2013)
|Episode||Title||Original UK airdate|
|1||A Lieb of Faith||20 May 2013|
|2||Trampo-Lieb||21 May 2013|
|3||Hop, Skip, Jump||22 May 2013|
|4||Gymtastic Bug-tastic||23 May 2013|
|5||Lieb's Buggy Best Three||24 May 2013|
|6||The Swingo Show||27 May 2013|
|7||The Amazing Kikli||28 May 2013|
|8||The Vanishing Trick||29 May 2013|
|9||The Magic Box||30 May 2013|
|10||Kikli's Buggy Best Three||31 May 2013|
|11||Subah's Obstacle Spectacle||3 June 2013|
|12||Upside Down Subah||4 June 2013|
|13||Subah's Ball Show||5 June 2013|
|14||Wheely Good||6 June 2013|
|15||Subah's Buggy Best Three||7 June 2013|
The Lingo Show Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.