1098 facts for kids
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1060s 1070s 1080s – 1090s – 1100s 1110s 1120s|
|Years:||1095 1096 1097 – 1098 – 1099 1100 1101|
Year 1098 (MXCVIII) was a common year starting on Friday of the Julian calendar.
- First Crusade: end of the siege of Antioch.
- Cîteaux Abbey founded.
- September 16 – Hildegard of Bingen, German mystic writer, and composer (d. 1179)
- January 3 – Walkelin, first Norman bishop of Winchester
- August 1 – Adhemar of Le Puy, papal legate
- December 1 – Domnall Ua hÉnna, Pre-Reformation Bishop of Killaloe
- Baldwin II, Count of Hainaut
- Hugh of Montgomery, 2. Earl of Shrewsbury
Images for kids
Baldwin of Boulogne entering Edessa.
- In Spanish: 1098
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:1098 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.