1279 facts for kids
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1240s 1250s 1260s – 1270s – 1280s 1290s 1300s|
|Years:||1276 1277 1278 – 1279 – 1280 1281 1282|
- March 5 – Lithuanian forces led by Traidenis defeat the Teutonic Knights in the Battle of Aizkraukle.
- The first of the Statutes of Mortmain are passed under king Edward I of England, which prevents land from passing into possession of the church.
- The second of two main surveys of the Hundred Rolls, an English census seen as a follow up to the Domesday Book completed in 1086, is begun; it lasts until 1280.
- Al-Razi's important medical writings are translated into Latin by Faraj ben Salim some 350 years after Al-Razi's death.
- The Royal Mint of England moves into the Tower of London.
- Haapsalu town (Estonia) is founded.
1279 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.