1611 facts for kids
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1580s 1590s 1600s – 1610s – 1620s 1630s 1640s|
|Years:||1608 1609 1610 – 1611 – 1612 1613 1614|
- June 23 – Henry Hudson's crew maroons him, his son and 7 others in a boat
- November 1 – At Whitehall Palace in London, William Shakespeare's romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time.
- Gustavus Adolphus becomes king of Sweden
- Denmark attacks Sweden
- King James Version of the Bible first published in England
- George Abbot becomes archbishop of Canterbury
- Johannes and David Fabricius discover sunspots
- End of the reign of Emperor Go-Yozei of Japan
- Emperor Go-Mizunoo ascends to the throne of Japan
Gov. Sir Thomas Dale arrives at Jamestown from England announcing new rules called "Laws Divine, Morall and Martial."
- Thomas Dale founds the city of Henricus on the James River a few miles south of present-day Richmond, Virginia
Images for kids
In Spanish: 1611 para niños
1611 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.