1611 facts for kids
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1580s 1590s 1600s – 1610s – 1620s 1630s 1640s|
|Years:||1608 1609 1610 – 1611 – 1612 1613 1614|
- June 23 – Henry Hudson's crew maroons him, his son and 7 others in a boat
- November 1 – At Whitehall Palace in London, William Shakespeare's romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time.
- Gustavus Adolphus becomes king of Sweden
- Denmark attacks Sweden
- King James Version of the Bible first published in England
- George Abbot becomes archbishop of Canterbury
- Johannes and David Fabricius discover sunspots
- End of the reign of Emperor Go-Yozei of Japan
- Emperor Go-Mizunoo ascends to the throne of Japan
Gov. Sir Thomas Dale arrives at Jamestown from England announcing new rules called "Laws Divine, Morall and Martial."
1611 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.