1716 facts for kids
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1680s 1690s 1700s – 1710s – 1720s 1730s 1740s|
|Years:||1713 1714 1715 – 1716 – 1717 1718 1719|
- August 5 – In the Battle of Peterwardein 40.000 Austrian troops of Prince Eugene of Savoy defeat 150,000 Ottoman Turks under Darnad Ali Pasha
- Pirate Edward Teach the "Blackbeard" raids shipping in the Caribbean
- Natchez, one of the oldest towns on the Mississippi, founded.
- Crieff, Scotland burned to the ground in revenge for the Jacobite defeat at the Battle of Sheriffmuir.
- Kangxi Dictionary published this year. This dictionary lays the foundation of most references to Han characters studies nowadays.
1716 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.