339 facts for kids
|Centuries:||3rd century – 4th century – 5th century|
|Decades:||300s 310s 320s – 330s – 340s 350s 360s|
|Years:||336 337 338 – 339 – 340 341 342|
- Emperor Constantius II goes to his territory in the East. Persia under king Shapur II is attacking Mesopotamia. For the next 11 years the two powers battle with no real winner.
- Pope Julius I gives refuge at Rome to Athanasius.
- Eusebius of Nicomedia is made bishop of Constantinople. Another Arian becomes bishop of Alexandria.
- Aurelius Ambrosius, bishop of Milan (approximate date)
- He Fani, empress of the Jin Dynasty (d. 404)
- Shi Shi, emperor of the Jie state Later Zhao (d. 349)
339 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.