480 facts for kids
|Centuries:||4th century – 5th century – 6th century|
|Decades:||450s 460s 470s – 480s – 490s 500s 510s|
|Years:||477 478 479 – 480 – 481 482 483|
- Odoacer stops an attempt by Julius Nepos to gain control of Italy again, and has Julius killed.
- Odoacer takes control of Dalmatia.
- Ireland: The Diocese of Connor is put up.
- Narasimhagupta Baladitya follows his father Skandagupta as king of the Gupta Empire.
- Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius, a Christian philosopher, was born.
- Damascius, a Neoplatonist philosopher, was born.
- Gelimer, the last king of the Vandals, was born.
- Benedict of Nursia, an early monasticist, was born (approximate date)
- Scholastica, the twin sister of Benedict of Nursia, was born.
- Xiao Zhaowen, the emperor of China's Southern Qi Dynasty (who was often known as the Prince of Hailing), was born.
- Julius Nepos, the last legitimate Western Roman Emperor, was killed.
- Skandagupta, the ruler of the Gupta Empire, died.
Images for kids
480 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.