994 facts for kids
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||960s 970s 980s – 990s – 1000s 1010s 1020s|
|Years:||991 992 993 – 994 – 995 996 997|
- Sweyn Forkbeard marries Sigrid the Haughty.
- Otto III reaches his majority and begins to rule Germany.
- Aethelred II pays £16,000 of Danegeld to Olaf Trygvasson.
- November 7 – Ibn Hazm, Arab philosopher (d. 1069)
- Simeon, first Norman abbot of Ely Abbey
- Imam Bayhaqi Scholar of Islamic Faith
- Margrave Leopold I of Austria
- Sigeric the Serious
- John Weir the Great, King of the Nords
994 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.