Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales facts for kids
Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales, formerly the National Museums and Galleries of Wales, is a Welsh Government sponsored body that comprises seven museums in Wales:
- National Museum Cardiff
- St Fagans: National History Museum, Cardiff
- Big Pit National Coal Museum, Blaenavon
- National Wool Museum, Dre-fach Felindre near Llandysul
- National Slate Museum, Llanberis
- National Roman Legionary Museum, Caerleon
- National Waterfront Museum, Swansea
In addition to these sites, the organisation runs Oriel y Parc, a gallery of Welsh landscape art in St David's, in partnership with the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority. The National Collections Centre in Nantgarw is AC-NMW's storage facility.
Rhagor (Welsh: more), an online supplement to the physical institutions, contains information on items in the museum collection and images of further items which are not on display.
Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.