Chelsea, Vermont facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Orange County Court House in Chelsea, Vermont
Located in Orange County, Vermont
Location of Vermont with the U.S.A.
Chelsea West Hill
|• Total||39.9 sq mi (103.4 km2)|
|• Land||39.9 sq mi (103.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||840 ft (256 m)|
|• Density||31/sq mi (11.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1462069|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 39.9 square miles (103.4 km²), of which 39.9 square miles (103.4 km²) is land and 0.04 square mile (0.1 km²) (0.05%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,238 people, 541 households, and 334 families residing in the town. Of the 541 household 117 had children under the age of 18 living within them.
The racial makeup of the town was 96.1% White, 0.6% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.2% Asian, Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.5% of the population.
The median age of residents is 48.3. The median household income is $49,500. 89.2% of adults have earned a high school diploma or higher level of education. 17.9% of individuals live below the poverty line.
- John L. Bacon, Chelsea and Hartford banker and State Treasurer
- Daniel Buck, US representative in the 4th States Congress
- Daniel Azro Ashley Buck, raised in Chelsea, US representative for Vermont in the 18th and 20th United States Congress
- David Whitney Curtis, member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
- William Hebard, resided in Chelsea, US representative for Vermont in the 31st and 32nd United States Congress
- F. Ray Keyser Sr., Justice of the Vermont Supreme Court
- F. Ray Keyser Jr., born and raised in Chelsea, 72nd governor of Vermont
- William A. Palmer, resided in Chelsea, US senator in the 15th and 16th United States Congress, 13th governor of Vermont
- William Freeman Vilas, born in Chelsea, United States Postmaster General, United States Secretary of the Interior, US senator for Wisconsin
- Stanley C. Wilson, resided in Chelsea, 62nd governor of Vermont
- John Young, born in Chelsea, US representative in the 24th and 27th United States Congress, 15th governor of New York
In Spanish: Chelsea (Vermont) para niños
Chelsea, Vermont Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.