East Toowoomba, Queensland facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsEast Toowoomba
Mothers' Memorial Park
|Population||5,244 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1,311/km2 (3,400/sq mi)|
|Area||4.0 km2 (1.5 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|State electorate(s)||Toowoomba North|
- Clive Berghofer Stadium, previously known as Athletic Oval and named for former Toowoomba mayor Clive Berghofer (1982–1992), and primarily used for rugby league games;
- St Vincent's Hospital, a private hospital established in 1922 by the Sisters of Charity;
- Queens Park and Botanical Gardens, a heritage-listed reserve established in 1869.
There are a number of heritage-listed sites in East Toowoomba, including:
- 80 Campbell Street: Whyembah
- 4-6 Fernside Street: Fernside
- 43-79 Lindsay Street: Queens Park
- 24-60 Margaret Street: Toowoomba Grammar School
- 73 Margaret Street: Bishop's House
- 90 Margaret Street: Old Toowoomba Court House
- 124 Margaret Street: Toowoomba Technical College
- 112 Mary Street: Gowrie House
- 9 Phillip Street: Millbrook
- 9-13 Tourist Road: Unara
Toowoomba East State School is a government primary (Prep-6) school for boys and girls at Cnr Arthur & Mary Streets (special education program.). In 2018, the school had an enrolment of 859 students with 60 teachers (51 full-time equivalent) and 25 non-teaching staff (17 full-time equivalent). It includes a
Mater Dei Primary School is a Catholic primary (Prep-6) school for boys and girls at 53 Curzon Street (). In 2018, the school had an enrolment of 438 students with 34 teachers (26 full-time equivalent) and 20 non-teaching staff (11 full-time equivalent).
Toowoomba Grammar School is a private primary and secondary (Prep-12) school for boys at 24 Margaret Street (). In 2018, the school had an enrolment of 1176 students with 100 teachers (96 full-time equivalent) and 85 non-teaching staff (53 full-time equivalent).
Fairholme College is a private primary and secondary (Prep-12) school for girls at 40 Wirra Wirra Street (). In 2018, the school had an enrolment of 686 students with 68 teachers (62 full-time equivalent) and 56 non-teaching staff (36 full-time equivalent).
Toowoomba Anglican College is a private primary and secondary (Prep-11) school for boys and girls at 2 Campbell Street (). In 2018, the school had an enrolment of 520 students with 46 teachers (38 full-time equivalent) and 35 non-teaching staff (24 full-time equivalent).
The suburb contains the main Bridge Street campus of Southern Queensland Institute of TAFE.
East Toowoomba, Queensland Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.