Finding Dory facts for kids
|Directed by||Andrew Stanton
|Produced by||Lindsey Collins|
|Screenplay by||Andrew Stanton|
|Story by||Victoria Stourse
|Music by||Thomas Newman|
|Editing by||Michel Andrews
Levin L. Williams
Walt Disney Pictures
Walt Disney Animation Studios
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
|Release date(s)||June 8, 2016|
Finding Dory is an animated comedy adventure movie. It was produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a sequel to the 2003 Disney-Pixar movie, Finding Nemo. Andrew Stanton, who directed the original movie, directed. The movie was confirmed by Walt Disney Pictures in April 2013. The movie was originally scheduled for a UK DVD and VHS release time of autumn 2015. Hayden Rolence voiced Nemo the clownfish, because Alexander Gould's voice has suddenly deepened since reaching adulthood.
Finding Dory is about Dory, the regal blue tang fish, who forgets things almost instantly. The story is about Dory reuniting with her family. The movie is set off the coast of California.
- Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, a regal blue tang.
- Sloane Murray as Baby Dory. Murray is the seven-year-old daughter of producer Lindsey Collins.
- Albert Brooks as Marlin, an overprotective clownfish, Nemo's father and Dory's friend.
- Hayden Rolence as Nemo, a young juvenile clownfish and Marlin's son.
- Ed O'Neill as Hank, a cranky East Pacific red octopus who previously lost a tentacle.
- Diane Keaton as Jenny, Dory's mother.
- Eugene Levy as Charlie, Dory's father.
- Kaitlin Olson as Destiny, a near-sighted whale shark and Dory's childhood friend.
- Ty Burrell as Bailey, a beluga whale who temporarily lost echolocation due to a concussion.
- Idris Elba as Fluke, an easygoing sea lion.
- Dominic West as Rudder, a sea lion and Fluke's friend.
- Bob Peterson as Mr. Ray, a spotted eagle ray and Nemo's schoolteacher.
- Andrew Stanton as Crush, a sea turtle that lives on the East Australian Current.
- Bennett Dammann as Squirt, Crush's son. He was voiced by Nicholas Bird in the previous film.
- Bill Hader as Stan, a kelp bass
- Kate McKinnon as Stan's fish wife
- Angus MacLane as Charlie Back-and-Forth, a sunfish.
- Katherine Ringgold as a chickenfish.
- Sigourney Weaver as herself, the voice intercom announcer for the Institute PA system.
- Alexander Gould as Passenger Carl, a delivery truck driver that works for the Institute, and Passenger Tommy, Carl's co-worker. Gould voiced Nemo in the previous film.
- John Ratzenberger as Bill, a crab.
- Torbin Xan Bullock as Gerald, an outcast California sea lion who is frequently treated hostilely by Fluke & Rudder, and Becky, a friendly and helpful but dimwitted common loon.
- Willem Dafoe as Gill, a moorish idol, who is the leader of the "Tank Gang."
- Brad Garrett as Bloat, a porcupinefish.
- Allison Janney as Peach, a pink starfish.
- Austin Pendleton as Gurgle, a royal gramma.
- Stephen Root as Bubbles, a yellow tang.
- Vicki Lewis as Deb, a four-striped damselfish.
- Jerome Ranft as Jacques, a cleaner shrimp. He was voiced by Joe Ranft, Jerome's late brother, in the previous film.
Images for kids
Finding Dory Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.