George Shrinks facts for kids
|Created by||William Joyce|
|Written by||Ken Cuperus
Robbi Jay Thuet
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||40|
|Running time||30 mins.|
|Original network||PBS (2000)
|Original release||September 30, 2000– December 1, 2001|
George Shrinks was a Canadian–Chinese animated television series. It is based on the children's book by William Joyce. The show is about a ten-year-old boy named George. After a dream one night, he wakes up and is only three inches tall. He has adventures with his friends and family. He also drives mini machines that he made with his father.
The series started on 30 September 2000 on PBS Kids.
Because of George's very small size, everyday activities, such as working around the house or playing outside, often become exciting adventures. He mostly uses the Zooper Car to travel. It can change into a submarine or a helicopter.
The show has a retro-1940s look, with simple animation and colors. Most of the background music is jazz.
- George Shrinks — George is the main character of the series. George wakes up from a dream to discover he is small. He is voiced by Tracey Moore.
- Junior Shrinks — George's baby brother. Junior helps George with things that are too difficult for him. He is voiced by Robbi Jay Thuet.
- Becky Lopez — George's best friend and neighbor. She goes on many of George's adventures. She is voiced by Bryn McAuley.
- Perdita "Mom" Shrinks — Mom is a sculptor. She is voiced by Kathleen Laskey.
- "Dad" Harold Shrinks — Dad is an inventor and a musician in a jazz band. He makes musical instruments and vehicles. He is voiced by Paul O'Sullivan.
George Shrinks Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.