Ichinomiya, Aichi facts for kids
|一宮市 · Ichinomiya|
Ichinomiya takes its name after Masumida Shrine
Location of Ichinomiya in Aichi
|• Total||113.91 km2 (43.98 sq mi)|
|Population (October 1, 2005)|
|• Density||3,322.00/km2 (8,603.9/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Tree||Round-Leaf Holly|
|- Flower||Balloon Flower|
|Address||2-5-6 Honmachi, Ichinomiya-shi, Aichi-ken
|Website||City of Ichinomiya|
- 1889 (Meiji 32): The town was established by the merger of Ichinomiya and Ichishiki.
- September 1, 1921 (Taishō 10): The city was established.
- 1940 (Shōwa 15): Merged with the villages of Haguri and Nishinari.
- 1955 (Shōwa 30): Merged with surrounding 8 municipalities.
- April 1, 2002 (Heisei 14): Ichinomiya became a Special City.
- April 1, 2005 (Heisei 17): Absorbed the city of Bisai and the town of Kisogawa from Haguri District.
The city is northwest of Nagoya.
Images for kids
Ichinomiya, Aichi Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.