Katherine Jackson facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Kattie B. Screws
May 4, 1930
Barbour County, Alabama, U.S.
(1949–2018; his death)
|Parent(s)||Martha Bridges (1907–1990)
Prince Albert Scruse (1907–1997)
Katherine Esther Jackson (born May 4, 1930 as Kattie B. Screws) is the matriarch of the Jackson family of musicians and singers, including Michael Jackson, La Toya and Janet Jackson. She married Joe Jackson since 1949.
Jackson had 10 children. Several of the children became famous. In 1985 Essence honored her as "Mother of the Year".
In 1990, Jackson released her autobiography, My Family. The book told about her early years and her relationship with her husband and their children.
On June 25, 2009, Michael Jackson died. Katherine was granted temporary guardianship of Michael's three children. In 2012 her guardianship was suspended for a short time. The guardianship resumed with TJ Jackson, Michael's nephew, added as a co-guardian.
- Maureen Reillette "Rebbie" Jackson (born May 29, 1950)
- Sigmund Esco "Jackie" Jackson (born May 4, 1951)
- Toriano Adaryll "Tito" Jackson (born October 15, 1953)
- Jermaine La Jaune Jacksun (born December 11, 1954)
- La Toya Yvonne Jackson (born May 29, 1956)
- Marlon David Jackson (born March 12, 1957)
- Brandon Jackson (March 12, 1957)
- Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958–June 25, 2009)
- Steven Randall "Randy" Jackson (born October 29, 1961)
- Janet Damita Jo Jackson (born May 16, 1966)
Katherine Jackson Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.