Ocean View, Queensland facts for kids
|Location:||44 km (27 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA:||Moreton Bay Region|
|State District:||Pine Rivers|
Ocean View is a rural suburb located north of Dayboro, Queensland. It is located in the local government area of Moreton Bay Region.
In the 2011 census, Ocean View recorded a population of 817 people, 50.2% female and 49.8% male.
The median age of the Ocean View population was 44 years, 7 years above the national median of 37.
76.4% of people living in Ocean View were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 6.3%, New Zealand 3.1%, South Africa 1.6%, Germany 1.1%, Netherlands 0.6%.
92.3% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 1.1% German, 0.9% Dutch, 0.7% Afrikaans, 0.5% Polish, 0% Gaelic (Scotland).
Ocean View is the gateway to the mountain range of Mount Mee, about 10 minutes drive from the town of Dayboro, and located on top of the mountain. It is a very quiet and secluded rural suburb, covered with acreage properties, small farms, and winery estates.
- A Telstra telephone exchange
- Ocean View Rural Fire Brigade
- Old Mill Veterinary Surgery (Small Animal & Large Animal Services)
Places of interest
- Rosalie Waters - Bed & Breakfast
- Ocean View Winery Estate & Restaurant
Wild Whimsy Photography - Wedding, Baby, Family Portrait Photography Studio
- Glengariff Historic Estate - Winery and Restaurant (located on the Ocean View/King Scrub border)
- Gerard Poed Gallery - Panoramic Landscape Photography
- Old Mill Veterinary Surgery - The Historic Saw Mill on Mount Mee Road
- Slickers Horse Riding - Horse Riding in the beautiful scenic Oceanview/Mt Mee area
- Sophies Horse Services - Trail Rides, Lessons, Barefoot Trimming
- Pit Stop Cafe`
- Oceanview Beef
Ocean View, Queensland Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.