Sergio Leone facts for kids
Leone c. 1983
January 3, 1929|
Rome, Kingdom of Italy
|Died||April 30, 1989
|Other names||Bob Robertson|
|Occupation||director, producer, screenwriter|
Sergio Leone (3 January 1929 - 30 April 1989) was an Italian movie director. He is well known for his Spaghetti Western films; particularly his Dollars trilogy (also known as The Man with No Name trilogy) starring American actor, Clint Eastwood.
- The Last Days of Pompeii (1959) aka Ultimi giorni di Pompei (Italy)
- Il Colosso di Rodi (1961) aka The Colossus of Rhodes (USA)
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964) aka Per un pugno di dollari (Italy)
- For a Few Dollars More (1965) aka Per qualche dollaro in piu (Italy)
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) aka Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (Italy)
- Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) aka C'era una volta il West (Italy)
- A Fistful of Dynamite (1971) aka Giù la testa (Italy)
- My Name Is Nobody (1973) aka Il mio nome è Nessuno (Italy) aka Lonesome Gun (USA)
- Un genio, due compari, un pollo (1975) aka A Genius, Two Friends, and an Idiot (USA)
- Once Upon a Time in America (1984) aka C'era una volta in America (Italy)
Images for kids
Clint Eastwood in Leone's For a Few Dollars More, the second part of the Dollars trilogy.
Sergio Leone Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.