West Bradford Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania facts for kids
Lua error in Module:Hatnote at line 201: attempt to index local 'options' (a nil value).
|West Bradford Township|
|Motto: "Between the Brandywines"|
|Elevation||548 ft (167 m)|
|Area||18.6 sq mi (48.2 km²)|
|- land||18.6 sq mi (48 km²)|
|- water||0.1 sq mi (0 km²), 0.54%|
|Density||665.4 /sq mi (256.9 /km²)|
|Established||1705 (as Bradford Twp.)|
|Board of Supervisors||Bruce W. Laverty
John A. Haiko
Mark J. Blair
|- summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||19335, 19320, 19382|
There are three federal historic districts (Marshallton, Trimbleville, and Northbrook) on the National Register of Historic Places located within West Bradford Township . Also listed are the Baily Farm, Bradford Friends Meetinghouse, Como Farm, Derbydown Homestead, Humphry Marshall House, Marshallton Inn, and Temple-Webster-Stoner House.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 18.6 square miles (48.2 km²), of which, 18.6 square miles (48.1 km²) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.2 km²) of it is water. The total area is 0.32% water.
- Caln Township (North)
- Downingtown (North)
- East Caln Township (North)
- East Bradford Township (East)
- Newlin Township (South)
- Pocopson Township (South)
- East Fallowfield Township (West)
- PA 162 (Strasburg Road/Telegraph Road)
- US 322 (Downingtown Pike)
As of the census of 2010, there were 12,376 people, 4,126 households, and 3,449 families residing in the township. The population density was 665.4 people per square mile (256.9/km²). There were 4,217 housing units at an average density of 226.7/sq mi (87.5/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 92.4% White, 2.9% African American, 0.2% Native American, 2.6% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 0.5% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. 2.0% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 4,126 households, out of which 42.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 74.6% were married couples living together, 6.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 16.4% were non-families. 13.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 4.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.96 and the average family size was 3.25.
In the township the population was spread out, with 30.4% under the age of 19, 4.0% from 20 to 24, 24.8% from 25 to 44, 31.7% from 45 to 64, and 9.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39.6 years. For every 100 females there were 100.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.7 males.
The median income for a family was $104,124.
- Brandywine Greene
- Victoria Crossing at Bradford Glen
- The west branch of the Brandywine River passes through West Bradford. General Cornwallis of the British Army crossed the river at Trimble's Ford en route to the Battle of Brandywine.
- Broad Run Golfer's Club, a golf course designed by Rees Jones
- Humphry Marshall House, residence of botanist Humphry Marshall located in the village of Marshallton
- Strasburg Road, an historic road paved in 1772-3 that runs through West Bradford
- United Sports, a multiple-use sports complex
West Bradford Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.