Western Avenue (Los Angeles) facts for kids(Redirected from Western Avenue, Los Angeles, California)
Western Avenue is a major four-lane street in the city of Los Angeles (west of Downtown) and through the center portion of Los Angeles County, California. It is one of the longest north–south streets in Los Angeles city and county, apart from Sepulveda Boulevard. It is about 29 miles (47 km) long. The name of the street is derived from its history as the westernmost border of Los Angeles in the 19th century, before annexations in the early 20th century expanded the city westward.
Metro subway and at-grade stations
Western Avenue is served by three metro Los Angeles Metro Rail stations:
- Hollywood Boulevard on the Red Line
- Wilshire Boulevard on the Purple Line
- Exposition Boulevard on the Expo Line
- Metro Local lines 205 and 207, in addition to Metro Rapid line 757 and Gardena Transit line 2 operate on Western Avenue.
- Metro local lines 207 and 757 run between Hollywood Boulevard and Imperial Highway.
- Gardena line 2 between Imperial Highway and Pacific Coast Highway
- Metro line 205 south of Pacific Coast Highway
Western Avenue (Los Angeles) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.